McCulloch 10-10 remove manual bar oil plunger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBplays

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm restoring an old Pro mac 10-10, and the (plastic) manual bar oil plunger is snapped. I found an good one on fleabay, and slid the old one out to replace it. How do you get the bar out of the way, so I can put the new plastic plunger in?
I'm guessing you have to find a nail or something small enough to punch the bar out (not all the way) and tap it back in, once the new plunger is in place???

Is there a trick to this? And do you tap the retaining "bar or clip" from the top, or bottom?

I would appreciate any help, from anyone who has done this, or knows how to do it!

Sincerely!

Correct, you have to drive the roll pin out. It doesn't matter which side you start from.
Well, that was a hell of alot simpler than I made it out to be! I found a snapped 1/16 or 5/64 drill bit, and taped it out in 10 seconds!
Why is it that sometimes we make things out to be more difficult than they are? I feel like such an idiot for making this post now!
Maybe it'll help some diy-er down the road??
Thank you Woodslasher, for not answering the question, and not rubbing it in that my question was something a 3rd grader should have known!
I appreciate it!

I MEANT TO SAY:

Well, that was a hell of alot simpler than I made it out to be! I found a snapped 1/16 or 5/64 drill bit, and taped it out in 10 seconds!
Why is it that sometimes we make things out to be more difficult than they are? I feel like such an idiot for making this post now!
Maybe it'll help some diy-er down the road??
Thank you Woodslasher, for answering the question, and not rubbing it in that my question was something a 3rd grader should have known!
I appreciate it!

Back