McCulloch 4600 carb line diagram(s)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stateline Sawer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all. Anyone have any experience with a McCulloch 4600 saw? I recently acquired one that all fuel lines/impulse line rotted off and orientation isn't exactly obvious. Walbro carb has 4 separate bulbs coming from it. I know chainsaw's, but not familiar with McCulloch, I've always avoided them. I know it runs by squirting some fuel down cylinder. The saw is in good shape and hasn't been used much, can tell by the paint on the bar. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all. Anyone have any experience with a McCulloch 4600 saw? I recently acquired one that all fuel lines/impulse line rotted off and orientation isn't exactly obvious. Walbro carb has 4 separate bulbs coming from it. I know chainsaw's, but not familiar with McCulloch, I've always avoided them. I know it runs by squirting some fuel down cylinder. The saw is in good shape and hasn't been used much, can tell by the paint on the bar. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Correction barbs, not bulbs! Lol!

1 connect top carburetor line to short nipple on primer bulb.
2 bottom carburetor line to fuel line with filter (inside tank).
3 connect remaining fuel line that comes out of fuel tank to the large nipple on primer bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impulse line goes from crankcase to top of carb. it acts on top of a diaphragm to pump fuel supply, so it would be the highest barb.

Impulse line goes from crankcase to top of carb. it acts on top of a diaphragm to pump fuel supply, so it would be the highest barb.

That's kinda what I was thinking. It looks like I'm going to have to tear this 4600 down to replace that impulse line to crankcase. All lines had crumbled away. Thanks for replies, these mac's aren't really very pleasant to work on. I wish I could find out more about this saw, but it seems pretty rare and unsupported.

Latest posts

Back