mcculloch 797 ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manostihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have a huge old mcculloch chainsaw with a 25 in bar on it and right hand start looks jus like the super 797 but i have no air filter cover with a model on it or anything how can i id this saw i dont have a phone right now or i would post some pics

The magic number is on the bottom, 66251

Here's what you're looking for.
IMG7873-M.jpg

But, Some Supers have no numbers.
I have two without numbers on the block.
Doe's this saw have the decom valve?
Which carb is on it. If it's a later Super it
will have the walbro SDC

Lee

will have the walbro SDC

Lee
it doesent have a decomp valve that i can see on it and the carb number is 5539460 and it says cv on the left hand side of it

will have the walbro SDC

Lee

Same here. Two of my Super blocks have no numbers at all and two are marked 67420, which was the later block number, shortly before the CP-125 came out.

Where in Michigan are you? If you're close, I'll come by, shake hands, and help you figure that out.

I see 740 in your sig. Is that what we're talking about or something else?

Where in Michigan are you? If you're close, I'll come by, shake hands, and help you figure that out.

I see 740 in your sig. Is that what we're talking about or something else?
im jus outside of montrose and yea its the same saw i thought it was a 740 for a while but i was unsure but i cleaned the bottome of the saw better and it says 6255 on one side and 740 and below that looks like 340 or 840 ill post pics when i get a phone shes pretty rough but still runs good :hmm3grin2orange:

Is the 740 or 840 XXXed out?
Direct drive or gear drive?
Either way looks like you got a NICE saw!!

Yep, 740 alright. The other number is the serial number. I'm over in St. Clair. Not that far really. Let me know if I can help.

Is the 740 or 840 XXXed out?
Direct drive or gear drive?
Either way looks like you got a NICE saw!!
its jus kinda poorly stamped on there like it was wore down i can clearly see 740 but the the 8 kinda looks like a 3 on the 840 lol and sweet shes not that nice though she needs a new full wrap bar,air filter and air filter cover and a recoil ...on and its a direct drive clutch right hand start with a non roller 25 inch pro mac bar

NO GEAR BOX! I AM OUT!!!!!
Naw, it is a nice saw with a ton of power!
Parts are still around! Enjoy her!

NO GEAR BOX! I AM OUT!!!!!
Naw, it is a nice saw with a ton of power!
Parts are still around! Enjoy her!

haha sry to dissapoint can u get any bigger topend kits for it if i ever wanted to ....where can i get parts for it ???

Can't do just the top end. Have to do whole block or stay 99cc and go kart. Let me know what parts you need, I have "sources" locally that may work.

Latest posts

Back