McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone seen Tinmans 850 exhaust? Looks pretty awesome. Might stick out a little far but should flow well
I saw that, don't think I would use that for falling. That would annoy the hell out of me real quick. I prefer the chips being deflected down or back as well. If your just bucking or getting it out here and there for fun I don't think it would be a big deal. Probably sounds cool!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I bought a sp60 off ebay a couple years ago. I actually bought it for all the parts to make up a sp70 or 81. Figured the engine was junk as a lot are off ebay. Well to my surprise it looked great internally and its a great runner. Looks good and runs. Double bonus. And for a buck sixty i really did well considering current mac prices.

I like tinmans idea but it looks a little big. He has a tough time getting everything together. To my limited knowledge he should get enough scavenging and little resistance. He has stated its still in the development stage. Im looking forward to the final product.

Hey guys, I’ve got a pro Mac 850 with a bad cylinder. Is there another type of cylinder from Mac that would fit the pro Mac 850 or does any one know where to get a decent pro Mac 850 cylinder?

thanks guys!

Well the previous owner was a little to heavy handed with the sand paper trying to get some scratches out.. its missing plating by the exhaust… about The size of a 50 cent piece

Re chrome. Probably about it really. If you do actually find 1 they will want atleast that for it unless you get lucky. Its 250us from memory to re plate.

As to other Mac's well sorta. The SP80 SP81 yeah but will need to sus ignition out.

A Qport cylinder could possibly be used but will need to get creative on mounting up the shroud. Once again good luck finding any 82cc cylinder

Re chrome. Probably about it really. If you do actually find 1 they will want atleast that for it unless you get lucky. Its 250us from memory to re plate.

As to other Mac's well sorta. The SP80 SP81 yeah but will need to sus ignition out.

A Qport cylinder could possibly be used but will need to get creative on mounting up the shroud. Once again good luck finding any 82cc cylinder
Yeah I thought it would be a tall order for re crome…
what kind of creativity would I need and a qport cylinder is a quad port you mean?
sp80 or 81 eh…

Yeah I thought it would be a tall order for re crome…
what kind of creativity would I need and a qport cylinder is a quad port you mean?
sp80 or 81 eh…

The Qport is a cutout in the exhaust port roof it bleeds compression off and changes the sound. Pm800 805 850 super de80 you'll be lucky to find 1 of them anyway.

How tidy is the saw?

250 on a re plate isn't so bad if its a nice saw and or sentimental.

The sp81 late model is nearly identical other than the mount for a coil and lobe on the crank for points. The 850 had an electronic ignition. The 81 had points. Other than those they share the same bridged transfers. Early 81 and 80 had an open transfer and points. I doubt it would be noticeable to run one of each. Also share a piston depending on which cylinder you have . A, B, or C. They are very slightly different in sizes and must match up piston to cylinder. If you run it with missing chrome it will continue to get worse. Finding a nos cylinder is a very tall order and searching ebay will eventually turn one up but be ready to pay for it. Us chrome in wisconsin will rechrome it if its not deemed too bad. I sent one there and they told me it wouldnt be re chromable so it came back. Cost me shipping for nuttin. The q port exhaust would likely work. Most parts are interchangeable. Be patient and one will turn up. They are very good saws and worth the effort.

The sp81 late model is nearly identical other than the mount for a coil and lobe on the crank for points. The 850 had an electronic ignition. The 81 had points. Other than those they share the same bridged transfers. Early 81 and 80 had an open transfer and points. I doubt it would be noticeable to run one of each. Also share a piston depending on which cylinder you have . A, B, or C. They are very slightly different in sizes and must match up piston to cylinder. If you run it with missing chrome it will continue to get worse. Finding a nos cylinder is a very tall order and searching ebay will eventually turn one up but be ready to pay for it. Us chrome in wisconsin will rechrome it if its not deemed too bad. I sent one there and they told me it wouldnt be re chromable so it came back. Cost me shipping for nuttin. The q port exhaust would likely work. Most parts are interchangeable. Be patient and one will turn up. They are very good saws and worth the effort.
How bad was it that they wouldn't rechrome it? Bore out of spec?

No, it had some scoring that was too deep. Bob j sent it for me. I was under the impression it was send it, they machine it then rechrome it then send it back. Apparently not the case. I personally didnt think it was all that bad. But the chrome place said nope. I couldve likely honed it smooth in 10 minutes. I could just feel with my nail the score marks. They said it was too deep. Bob was pretty surprised also.

Latest posts

Back