McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back to the next project (Mac 110 fuel issue). Wish me luck!!
Many (most?) MM issues are carb related. Getting to it is the trick. As mentioned, the Mini-Mac sticky is a good resource for specific help with the little saws.
https://www.arboristsite.com/thread...mall-cc-chainsaws.218770/page-59#post-7592364
Homelight question:
Ahem...? https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/homelite-chainsaws.101147/page-686#post-7592476 ;)

But fwiw, that would be a hundred dollar saw (at best) in my area if it starts and runs with minimal issues. Would also probably be listed for awhile before selling at that price. Cool little saws..., and could start you on a whole other journey of a different color if you aren't careful. LOL

I sorta like to think of the Mac crowd as a family -- yes..., yes..., even including the 'special' ones among us. That being said, a Mini-Mac enthusiast is no less deserving of inclusion than the kart, vintage, and big saw guys. Common interests obviously gravitate toward one another and folks typically hang out accordingly, but sharing the yellow affection (affliction?) and appreciating and respecting each other's particular interest(s) is also the main attribute that basically binds us -- usually.

It was a little disheartening to see the MM thread openly dissed and intentionally excluded from what was otherwise a feel good example of sharing a great MM success story -- as if the participants over there weren't worthy of real Mac coolness. Rather disrespectful at minimum and downright arrogant at worst. Perhaps not intended to come off that way, but sort of had a bad look and feel to it, nonetheless.

I like the guys over there and usually drop in when there's activity. If I can't help by looking something up for em, I usually learn something new from whatever it is they may be into.

They're Mac guys, too.

I sorta like to think of the Mac crowd as a family -- yes..., yes..., even including the 'special' ones among us. That being said, a Mini-Mac enthusiast is no less deserving of inclusion than the kart, vintage, and big saw guys. Common interests obviously gravitate toward one another and folks typically hang out accordingly, but sharing the yellow affection (affliction?) and appreciating and respecting each other's particular interest(s) is also the main attribute that basically binds us -- usually.

It was a little disheartening to see the MM thread openly dissed and intentionally excluded from what was otherwise a feel good example of sharing a great MM success story -- as if the participants over there weren't worthy of real Mac coolness. Rather disrespectful at minimum and downright arrogant at worst. Perhaps not intended to come off that way, but sort of had a bad look and feel to it, nonetheless.

I like the guys over there and usually drop in when there's activity. If I can't help by looking something up for em, I usually learn something new from whatever it is they may be into.

They're Mac guys, too.
True. I kinda feel bad the 10-10 (or was it 10-series) sticky has kinda died too, maybe when I revisit my 10-10 I'll try to revive it.

I kinda feel bad the 10-10 (or was it 10-series) sticky has kinda died too, maybe when I revisit my 10-10 I'll try to revive it.
Ditto. I have a couple on the backburner I'd do over there for sure. Not as much exposure or as many likey-likes as here, though. Ah, the sacrifices we must make...LOL

Welp, although it isn’t officially in hand yet (suppose to pick it up tomorrow), I offered the Seller $50 for it and he said $60 and it is a deal (he was asking $75). Looks in decent condition…comes with a case…what the heck.

Sigh…the saw collection continues to expand…haha! I’ll just have to tell the wife “No Dear, I didn’t get another chainsaw, I have had that one for several years and just never use it…?!?!

Welp, although it isn’t officially in hand yet (suppose to pick it up tomorrow), I offered the Seller $50 for it and he said $60 and it is a deal (he was asking $75). Looks in decent condition…comes with a case…what the heck.

Sigh…the saw collection continues to expand…haha! I’ll just have to tell the wife “No Dear, I didn’t get another chainsaw, I have had that one for several years and just never use it…?!?!
I know a guy who would go to gun shows and leave the house with a gun case. What the little lady did not know was that when he left it was a broom handle in the gun case to make it look good and when he came back it was something other than a broom handle. Chainsaws are a bit harder to get past the gate but still easier than another old IH truck. The last one was large and red, to obvious to sneak in.

They're Mac guys, too.
Pretty strong presumptions

As some of you may know I sent a few jugs off to Bob J. who sent them to US Chrome with pistons to be matched up and rechromed. Of course this takes time for sure. After getting the cylinders back I decided with basically new blocks instead of just slapping a new piston, rings and seals in the saw why not get a new rods and cranks also. So I called Bob and another wait (which I could have avoided lol) So after having everything in hand the build commences. I want this to be a work saw not a shelf queen so I intentionally did not repaint the saw entirely only a couple bad pieces. I know me if I repainted it I would never want to run it. As happens life gets in the way and she sets for a few weeks after the cylinder is back together before she is all back together. I had ran into a stash of NOS Zama C2 carbs a few years back and figure hey this is a good saw to slap a NOS never gassed carb on right? So on goes a new zama. Now I am 51. I am lucky to have grown up around men who ran these saws (10 series 82cc Macs). When I was young Dad ran his SP81, he called it Big Mac, my uncle ran an 850, and I got to run a 10-10 A. I was not allowed to run the big girls until I was 17-18. I was to young and to broke to own a brand new 850 back then. So yesterday was first crank, and first wood day for what I feel is as close to a brand new 850 as I (many of us) will ever see. It wears a new bar and chain so its stretching, the carb is set fat (for break in), the oiler is set a bit high but here it is. I thought I would video and share because to me I just got to put a new 850 in wood! It was a beautiful feeling… I think my boys are hanging a bit lower today lol! Thanks for reading everyone. oh BTW compression was over 160 when we checked it. US chrome is well worth the $$$ IMO.

Video link:

Back