McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like he has lots of stories.

He certainly does. Its leaving that's the tricky bit Hahaha.

View attachment 936700
Jethro, This is a muffler for the pm155/165 saws. You have a couple of parts to go and you can put a mini mac together as a 155/165. Thats fun

Ok well there possibly is more bits sitting there. I didn't have a clue what I was bringing home i just new they were mini stuff so grabbed it:) its been there for ages. Id have 100 saws in no time if he had his way. He gave me a nice 250 a few weeks ago it will tidy up the super250 really well but sorta sad to pull apart that 250 its a good runner he recons.

Ok don't throw tomatoes at me but he gave me a homie 410 are they any good? A growing echo collection and now two very cool huskies. All used as wheel chocks ofcourse:)

Ok don't throw tomatoes at me but he gave me a homie 410 are they any good? A growing echo collection and now two very cool huskies. All used as wheel chocks ofcourse:)
Yes they are IMO in proper tune.Among the last gasps of the pro-duty American Homelite these 4.1 cube/68cc well balanced mid range saws introduced in 1986 to early 90's production (along with the now much harder to find 540 & 8800 (same 5.4 cube/88cc displacement) were thought of fairly well.I'd heard by several in the know that those 3 in that series were designed by Solo,though still built in the States. I've got a strong running 410,supposed to be rated to pull a 31" bar,but I've never had more than a 24 on it,pulls that with authority.The 540 & 8800 are pretty popular with hardcore Homie collectors,I've seen very few for sale over the years,they can go for a good chunk of cash if cosmetically & mechanically sound,spare parts arent real easy to find,as expected.

Yes they are IMO in proper tune.Among the last gasps of the pro-duty American Homelite these 4.1 cube/68cc well balanced mid range saws introduced in 1986 to early 90's production (along with the now much harder to find 540 & 8800 (same 5.4 cube/88cc displacement) were thought of fairly well.I'd heard by several in the know that those 3 in that series were designed by Solo,though still built in the States. I've got a strong running 410,supposed to be rated to pull a 31" bar,but I've never had more than a 24 on it,pulls that with authority.The 540 & 8800 are pretty popular with hardcore Homie collectors,I've seen very few for sale over the years,they can go for a good chunk of cash if cosmetically & mechanically sound,spare parts arent real easy to find,as expected.

Thank you very much :) exactly what I was after. Solo eh interesting.

Has anyone ever tried a grommet in the fuel tank of a 10-10 to use regular tygon line?
Mcculloch made a kit. Theres one on ebay. Kit # is 301011. It came with an aluminum bushing that gets superglued into the tank hole. An elbow to replace in the carburetor inlet. New line and glue, and filter. If you get it, the glue and fuel line is likely no good but the grommet/bushing, elbow and filter are fine. Just need some superglue and tygon line. Screenshot_20211024-002638_eBay.jpg

My younger son was help a local cut down some dead ash trees (Emerald Ash Borer...) and the folks that were going to take the wood backed out so he offered me the best of the lot. There was one larger tree already down that needed bucked into appropriate firewood lengths and I found a few nice pieced amongst the stuff he'd already cut up. I only ran one of the SP105's and my PM55 today...not sure a guy needs too many other saws than those two fine McCulloch specimens.

I'm taking this truck and trailer load to our Pastor in the morning, his fireplace requires somewhat smaller pieces so I cut them around 16" and split them down fairly small.

View attachment 936618

Iowa allows a "third hitch" so I can pull my utility trailer and log splitter when I need to. Kindly ignore the odd colored saws in the back of the pick up truck, I only brought them along in case I needed to chock the wheels...

View attachment 936619

Mark
You mean there are other colors than yellow? LOL

Has anyone ever tried a grommet in the fuel tank of a 10-10 to use regular tygon line?
Yes, that's what I do. These grommets, a bag will last a lifetime. Buna-N Rubber Grommets, for 7/16" Hole Diameter and 1/4" Material Thickness, 1/4" ID

https://www.mcmaster.com/9307K39Use 1/4" OD tygon and a Husqvarna style filter.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yes, that's what I do. These grommets, a bag will last a lifetime. Buna-N Rubber Grommets, for 7/16" Hole Diameter and 1/4" Material Thickness, 1/4" ID

https://www.mcmaster.com/9307K39Use 1/4" OD tygon and a Husqvarna style filter.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Whoa!! Gots to get me a bag of those, thankyou for the link.

The terminal that connects to the spark plug in my Pro Mac 700 has been chopped off the lead by a previous owner... is there a specific McCulloch part I should use to fix this or is it a generic part?
View attachment 936909
20211024_130336.jpgother end problem. Lol20211024_130952.jpg3 wires
Non saw 8mm spiral core
Copper core 7mm (my favorite)
OEM 20211024_131941.jpg
Spun into the coil and secured with gorilla super glue ( experiment) rtv is fine.20211024_132117.jpgautomotive style snap clip
20211024_132615.jpgdone.

Latest posts

Back