McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spare 1-70 that I had wasn't much to begin with.The only good thing on it was the clutch.The parts 1-70 didn't have a recoil or air filter cover,& the carb was trash from sitting out in the weather.The engine is seized tight too.Sorry.
Thanks for checking! Wondering what other saws would be somewhat the same for parts swap?

You got to watch what you say on these public forums - I got home tonight to find a Mini Mac carcass in the back of my truck. ... Thanks, Brian.
That reminds me of the one about someone who left an accordian on the back seat when they were parked at the supermarket. When they came back to the car it had been broken into. There were now two accordians on the back seat.

You got to watch what you say on these public forums - I got home tonight to find a Mini Mac carcass in the back of my truck. ... Thanks, Brian.

Ron
You said you needed a tank. I had to go to town for some parts, so I thought I would drop that off so you would have a good tank and what ever parts that you may need. I have 3 or 4 mini mac parts saws laying around.
Your carb is not opening all the way? Wonder, Does it not open all the way even with the carb off the saw? It should open all the way. Is their suppose to be a spacer between the carb and the body that is missing and the carb butterfly is hitting the body and hanging up? That parts saw may have the same carb. If so use it, though it may need to be cleaned and a new diaphragm put in it. If so just let me know and I will fix one up for you.

Brian

You said you needed a tank. I had to go to town for some parts, so I thought I would drop that off so you would have a good tank and what ever parts that you may need. I have 3 or 4 mini mac parts saws laying around.
Your carb is not opening all the way? Wonder, Does it not open all the way even with the carb off the saw? It should open all the way. Is their suppose to be a spacer between the carb and the body that is missing and the carb butterfly is hitting the body and hanging up? That parts saw may have the same carb. If so use it, though it may need to be cleaned and a new diaphragm put in it. If so just let me know and I will fix one up for you.

Brian
Never been a victim of a drive by but I did have a neighbor call me once to say he came by a scrap yard on the way home and a guy was unloading a husky 359.
I called the scrap yard and they set it aside til I could get there.
After the standard husky Intake boot replacement, I had a running 359 with a nice 24” bar!

Brian

I hear those things breed faster than rabbits.

The carb opens all the way by hand pressure - either directly or on the plastic trigger lever. I may find better fitting parts off the Mini Mac. Is there an easy way to neuter the Mini Mac when I tear into it?

Ron

I hear those things breed faster than rabbits.

The carb opens all the way by hand pressure - either directly or on the plastic trigger lever. I may find better fitting parts off the Mini Mac. Is there an easy way to neuter the Mini Mac when I tear into it?

Ron
Not that I know of

Brian

I got the go ahead from the doc today to start tinkering with light work on saws.I can do carbs,clutches,recoils,things of that nature.Soooo.....I decided to have a go at a Power Mac 6 that I've had laying around for the past 3 1/2 yrs.to see if I can rebuild that miserable MDC carb.I have some cheapo D1 kits on hand,but I'd rather have the full K10-MDC.I've seen some original Walbro kits on Feebay,but I can't see spending upwards of $33+.Is there a good recommended aftermarket kit available?

Ed go to ebay and search "walbro mdc" . Theres quite a few in us only that are under 10.00 dollars.
Vinny,the kits under $10 don't have the panhandle gaskets for the heat insulator.There was one for $8.60,but I didn't like the looks of the metering diaphragm.I found one for $10.46,the seller is in Oakland,Ca..

As I begin to scour EBAY for the missing pieces on the super 250, gas cap, top cover, recoil cover and spring etc., are there other models that contain similar parts which will fit? I think these would carry the same parts mentioned 300 , 1-41 , 1-42 , 1-43? If there are others, pls let me know.
Tks
Tom

Attachments

• super250 2.jpeg
    super250 2.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 8
As I begin to scour EBAY for the missing pieces on the super 250, gas cap, top cover, recoil cover and spring etc., are there other models that contain similar parts which will fit? I think these would carry the same parts mentioned 300 , 1-41 , 1-42 , 1-43? If there are others, pls let me know.
Tks
Tom
I may have a recoil off of a 1-51 that will work for your 250. Might still have the gas cap too. I will check when I get home. Parts off the 1-4x and 1-5x series should work. Some parts off the gear drive 1-6x series as well. Should be several interchangeable parts with the 300, 380 and 550 as well. Recoils off the 640 gear drive and 440 direct drive should fit.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I got the PM55 today & went through it rather quickly.I have to laugh at some people,whether it's out of laziness,being downright cheap,or just plain stupid,it's amazing what people will do to a saw.I pulled the clutch cover off to see if there were bar plates (8 out of 10 times there's at least one missing).The PO had apparently lost both bar plates & he found it in his heart to put one on.....from an XL-12,Lol.Other than that,the saw has great compression.I haven't checked for spark yet.I tried to pull the fuel line out to inspect the filter & it was stuck to the bottom of the tank.Pics to come.

Back