McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate it but ol faithful made quick work of it! The new one flunked the test drive. Has an obvious air leak somewhere so I shut it down. The one I normally use was a 1 pull start and then I just held on for dear life! That saw is amazing. My son ran it for the first time. It about threw him over the log the first time he punched the throttle. It was scary but funny since he was ok. He said "that's way different than my 023"
Ya think!! Lol
Awesome 👍

I learned a few things about Mini Mac clutches and drums in the process of getting those parts together for Vinny. It was a good effort that took longer than it should have (don't they all) but led me to discover some important details on the clutches and drums used on the small saws. I've done some futher organizing and labeling to make sure I can provide people with the correct parts in the future as well.

My son Jeff has been coming on Saturdays and some Mondays (his work in the environmental testing lab is slow during the winter months) to help get the parts sorted and put away. It is very helpful to have another set of eyes and a fresh perspective involved when the parts get confusing. We spent nearly two hours on Monday looking through piston rings for the Mini Macs that led to researching pistons and cylinders trying to get some parts with no numbers correctly identified. There were many different piston and cylinder combinations used on those small saws and you really do need a score card to know what goes with what.

Today I brought over a box of parts for the gear drive saws that had been left in the attic of my garage. I'll be a few more hours just trying to correctly identify the clutches and drums so I can put part numbers on them and get them put away properly.

And on and on and on...

Mark

I learned a few things about Mini Mac clutches and drums in the process of getting those parts together for Vinny. It was a good effort that took longer than it should have (don't they all) but led me to discover some important details on the clutches and drums used on the small saws. I've done some futher organizing and labeling to make sure I can provide people with the correct parts in the future as well.

My son Jeff has been coming on Saturdays and some Mondays (his work in the environmental testing lab is slow during the winter months) to help get the parts sorted and put away. It is very helpful to have another set of eyes and a fresh perspective involved when the parts get confusing. We spent nearly two hours on Monday looking through piston rings for the Mini Macs that led to researching pistons and cylinders trying to get some parts with no numbers correctly identified. There were many different piston and cylinder combinations used on those small saws and you really do need a score card to know what goes with what.

Today I brought over a box of parts for the gear drive saws that had been left in the attic of my garage. I'll be a few more hours just trying to correctly identify the clutches and drums so I can put part numbers on them and get them put away properly.

And on and on and on...

Mark
yeah, and your not at a full time job anymore!!!!!!!!! except your chainsaws!!!!!!

I wasn't as lucky as I'd have liked with not pulling the Super 10-10 apart.I pulled the FW & punched the roll pin out far enough to slide the oiler rod out,but try as I may,I couldn't get the cap to go on.Just not enough room to work.I ended up pulling the saw apart just to get that dang little cap on.Good thing I did too because when I removed the carb I found that there was no gasket in between the carb & the spacer.I have no idea as to how the saw even started let alone run.I put a new cap on that I had here,one of my last ordered items from Bob J.I got the saw back together & the rod isn't jumping out of place anymore.It fired up on the 3rd pull.I'll put oil in it tomorrow & see if the auto oiler is working.

20230308_181057.jpg20230308_181105.jpg20230308_181120.jpg20230308_181124.jpg
So I wanted to check the fit of the Echo mount Tsumura light weight bar.
Fit well on the bar studs. The adjuster pin has to be facing down and the outer bar plate " opened" up for the pin.
I am alittle disappointed that I still had to take a dremel cut off wheel and go down through the bar rail into the adjustment hole for it to properly oil , this doesn't need to be done to the Oregon counterpart.
It is significantly lighter than a regular bar ,but has the weird DL or 96 ? So I have to make the chain.

View attachment 1064504View attachment 1064505View attachment 1064506View attachment 1064507
Fit well on the bar studs. The adjuster pin has to be facing down and the outer bar plate " opened" up for the pin.
I am alittle disappointed that I still had to take a dremel cut off wheel and go down through the bar rail into the adjustment hole for it to properly oil , this doesn't need to be done to the Oregon counterpart.
It is significantly lighter than a regular bar ,but has the weird DL or 96 ? So I have to make the chain.
Did the same to mine ,

View attachment 1064504View attachment 1064505View attachment 1064506View attachment 1064507
CBB1E4BF-2A9D-43CB-B813-E20654E9A76A.jpeg

Maybe some experts can find on wich mcculloch saws it mount ? I only know it's new and were for those yellow goblins .

Attachments

• 20230310_132229.jpg
    20230310_132229.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230310_132250.jpg
    20230310_132250.jpg
  • 20230310_132240.jpg
    20230310_132240.jpg
Maybe some experts can find on wich mcculloch saws it mount ? I only know it's new and were for those yellow goblins .
Looks like 10 Series 82cc mounts... SP81, PM850, PM800,PM805, DE80 (intake boot doesn't fit that one), PM8200. Will fit most of the 10 series A/V saws also.

You need a Mac.
Exactly ! When I started to collect various saws I bought a 1-70 and sold it because I found it a bit slow in comparison of a 395 , 660 or other but now I regret it because I didn't know it was the same chasis as
105 or 125 . In Europe i can't find any other mac than 10-10 since I found this 1-70 I haven't still .

Attachments

• 20170807_120857.jpg
    20170807_120857.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170807_120840.jpg
    20170807_120840.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170807_120917.jpg
    20170807_120917.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back