McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a good time to sort out my wishlist... yes, I can probably get all these things on ebay, but when they're all from different sellers it's a lot of hassle and cost getting individual items to the other side of the world, even when combining and using a freight forwarder like I did last time. Also there have been some workarounds suggested for some of my issues in the past but I would really like to get the proper parts if possible.
So, if Mark, Max, Clint or anyone else can help with all these items that would be much appreciated.

Here goes....

Fuel Cap
I only have one between my PM60 and PM700. It looks like this:
1679640605770.png
So I think I'll put it on the PM60 and this seems to be the style I need for my ("The Professional") PM700:
1679641864653.png
(photos shamelessly stolen from the interweb)

PM700 Starter Pawl #93198
I only need one but may get a few, depending on cost. https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/mcculloch-chain-saws.71126/page-2287#post-7841147

Idle screw and spring for SDC 37
My 10-10 IPL lists these as 68106 and 67502 respectively, however it doesn't state which carburetor that is for.
I believe my carb is an SDC 37; Walbro lists the Idle Adjustment Kit (needle+spring?) for this as #96159.

Metering Diaphragm cover screw for SDC 44

Muffler screws, lockplate and gasket for PM 60

1679645254812.png1679645472110.png
(not the actual muffler though, I have that)

Some things I don't desperately need but it may be good to get whilst I'm at it (if they're available):

Handle Brace (bottom strap) for 2-10 #63020 or #69838
I'm not sure which mine is, or if they are different. The first is number is from March 1965 IPL, the second from January 1970 IPL.
Or I may be able to get someone to weld it back together. A previous owner has fashioned a strap to hold it together.
IMG_20230324_204943.jpg

Electronic Ignition Coil for PM700
I may have one I can steal off a 610 but I'm not sure...

Clips for Automatic Oilers
I know at least one of my 10 series is missing one.

Tank gasket(s) #69345
May have a different number for other 10-series models.

Points Box / Flywheel washers
1679648286612.png 1679648326023.png
1679648381519.png
1679648406233.png

Carb kits I can get here unless they're significantly cheaper from the US.
Walbro K10-SDC is about $20USD and Tillotson RK-23HS (I think that was the one I need) is about $27USD.

OK.... I think that's about it. It's getting late here and I'm probably even more bored writing this post than you are reading it.
If anyone can help that would be great.

Attachments

• 1679645386321.png
    1679645386321.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
Syncop8r - Post some photos of the adjust screw and spring, or even photos of where the parts are missing...I don't have those particular PN's in my spreadsheet but suspect I have them on hand. All other items are available. I'll send a PM later today or tonight with full details.

Mark

Syncop8r - Post some photos of the adjust screw and spring, or even photos of where the parts are missing...I don't have those particular PN's in my spreadsheet but suspect I have them on hand.

IMG_20221130_200510.jpg

IMG_20221205_192052.jpg

1679682830998.png
1679682893569.png

I have just realised my IPL says 600002D MAC 10-10A on it; my 10-10 is a 600002B. So it may not even be the correct part numbers. 🤷‍♂️

This might be a good time to sort out my wishlist... yes, I can probably get all these things on ebay, but when they're all from different sellers it's a lot of hassle and cost getting individual items to the other side of the world, even when combining and using a freight forwarder like I did last time. Also there have been some workarounds suggested for some of my issues in the past but I would really like to get the proper parts if possible.
So, if Mark, Max, Clint or anyone else can help with all these items that would be much appreciated.

Here goes....

Fuel Cap
I only have one between my PM60 and PM700. It looks like this:
View attachment 1069014
So I think I'll put it on the PM60 and this seems to be the style I need for my ("The Professional") PM700:
View attachment 1069016
(photos shamelessly stolen from the interweb)

PM700 Starter Pawl #93198
I only need one but may get a few, depending on cost. https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/mcculloch-chain-saws.71126/page-2287#post-7841147

Idle screw and spring for SDC 37
My 10-10 IPL lists these as 68106 and 67502 respectively, however it doesn't state which carburetor that is for.
I believe my carb is an SDC 37; Walbro lists the Idle Adjustment Kit (needle+spring?) for this as #96159.

Metering Diaphragm cover screw for SDC 44

Muffler screws, lockplate and gasket for PM 60

View attachment 1069019View attachment 1069021
(not the actual muffler though, I have that)

Some things I don't desperately need but it may be good to get whilst I'm at it (if they're available):

Handle Brace (bottom strap) for 2-10 #63020 or #69838
I'm not sure which mine is, or if they are different. The first is number is from March 1965 IPL, the second from January 1970 IPL.
Or I may be able to get someone to weld it back together. A previous owner has fashioned a strap to hold it together.
View attachment 1069018

Electronic Ignition Coil for PM700
I may have one I can steal off a 610 but I'm not sure...

Clips for Automatic Oilers
I know at least one of my 10 series is missing one.

Tank gasket(s) #69345
May have a different number for other 10-series models.

Points Box / Flywheel washers
View attachment 1069022 View attachment 1069024
View attachment 1069026
View attachment 1069027

Carb kits I can get here unless they're significantly cheaper from the US.
Walbro K10-SDC is about $20USD and Tillotson RK-23HS (I think that was the one I need) is about $27USD.

OK.... I think that's about it. It's getting late here and I'm probably even more bored writing this post than you are reading it.
If anyone can help that would be great.
Looks Like Mark has you covered. Holler if you need something he doesn't have... I am still trying to figure out whats where and unpacking.

Hi All, I just acquired a Mcculloch Titan 70. Research indicates it was manufactured in Italy
I’m in need of a piston. I can’t seem to find neither a new,serviceable used or aftermarket
piston anywhere. I’m also in need of a muffler @ the baffle is broken in several pieces.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have NOS piston kits and mufflers ($29.95 each) as well as other parts. Check it over thoroughly and see if there are other items needed.

I believe Maintenance Supervisor is somewhat familiar with the Titan 70 models, let's see if he has anything to add to this discussion.

Mark

I have NOS piston kits and mufflers ($29.95 each) as well as other parts. Check it over thoroughly and see if there are other items needed.

I believe Maintenance Supervisor is somewhat familiar with the Titan 70 models, let's see if he has anything to add to this discussion.

Mark
Hi Mark, I’m very interested in the piston kit and muffler! The only IPL I could find shows a large washer behind the clutch. I’m not sure if mine is missing or stuck on the clutch (#229188) The rim sprocket washer (#229519) is either the wrong washer or is worn out. The center hole is too large! I could use a new cylinder base “0” ring (#229302) if available or I’ll reuse it with a little bit of Dirko. My fuel lines are toast! The IPL shows a vent (#218260) and vent filter (#235673). I’m not sure if the vent is special or any readily available vent would work. A new fuel tank grommet would be nice (#235675) but I haven’t attempted to run new fuel lines yet. How does one exchange information and complete a transaction for the piston and muffler and any other parts you may have? Thanks!

Well men, i have been fighting the oddest mac issue ive run across, for several days. It started when my friend won an auction on ebay for a mac cp55 a few weeks ago. He called and said he couldnt get it running would i fix it? Of course i said so it was shipped to my house. When it arrived and i opened the box i thought this is disgusting. But its an old saw right...not likely gonna be clean. So i tried to fire it up to no avail. First was carburetor. Got it rebuilt and still not much but it did pop and run crazy for 3 seconds after many many many pulls... I thought we have an air leak here. So i started taking it apart. I was thinking impulse line, gaskets, boot, seals etc. Boot was first. It was torn nearly in half. Got it repaired and back together. Still has the same symptoms. Ok, back apart and see what else. Down to a block and i find several issues. Stuck rings, yes both of them but then whats this light here...a hole in the oil tank! Thats an air leak also. Rotted thru. Well believe it or not i had a cp55 oil tank. Unreal right? So lets put a new seal in while im this far. So new seal, thought i had a ring repaired....back to that later...new boot, carb fixed oil tank replaced, back together. Fired up!! The saw locked up tighter than hell in less than 10 seconds. Ring broke!!! So...back apart. Now i need rings. He wasnt interested in ebay prices so i emailed and searched. No exact ones other than ebay until i found a used piston in a drawer with rings!! Swapped those out and back together again....fired up 10 seconds later...locked up tighter than help again!!! In the garage now with a socket on the flywheel...shes tight boys. Bearings!!! Back apart again. Bearings move very freely?? Now im scratching my head. So i grab an oil tank from a 10 series for giggles and test fit it. The 4 larger bolts in place and it turns over fine. So the Cp oil tank is not working and its squeezing the bearings on the crankshaft. So now im making a 10-10 oil tank into a cp55 oil tank. Very simple really. Plug one hole and drill another for av mount. Back together again. Turns over nice with a drill and have spark so i start complete assembly....again. 8 pulls and its idling on its own. Revs fine and does not lock up!! Yeeedoggy! Stay with me.....so the bearing seats in the cp55 oil tank housing were too small squeezing the bearing when it was assembled so tight that a bit of heat and theyd squeeze onto the crankshaft and brakes were on. First for me. Lesson learned though. Thought id share a long success story. My buddy now has a cp55 that runs well. His mac bucket list is one saw shorter.

You're having luck with the CP55 like I'm having with my Super 10-10 that I bought a few weeks back.The carb needed to be rebuilt,did that & it won't hold pressure.Ready to throw it through the wall,but I have others.I decided to clean the points even though it had good spark.I cleaned the points & now had no spark.I put a chip in to get spark so I could at least get the saw running.I must've put 3 different carbs on & get the same results every time,it acts like it's loading up & running VERY rich.I had folks tell me it needs seals & to do a pressure & vac test.I pulled the FW & replaced the seal,what a PITA job it turned out to be.I ended up pulling the saw down to the short block as I had to check the oil pump & do a cleaning on it anyway.I put it all back together& after tackling the points 3 more times to get the gap right I finally got spark back.Still it ran like crap,so today I put a brand new SDC37 on it & it ran like crap again.I switched the coil about 2 or 3 times & still got nowhere.I ruled out the condenser because it ran like crap when I had a chip in it.At times it'd take off running like a new saw.I've come to the conclusion that it must be in the switch.Tomorrow I'll disconnect the switch wire & see if that's the culprit,if not it'll get sat in a corner till hell freezes over & I get bored enough to tackle it again.If it had an air leak it wouldn't act like the carb is loading up,just the opposite,it'd be doing a lean out.

Well men, i have been fighting the oddest mac issue ive run across, for several days. It started when my friend won an auction on ebay for a mac cp55 a few weeks ago. He called and said he couldnt get it running would i fix it? Of course i said so it was shipped to my house. When it arrived and i opened the box i thought this is disgusting. But its an old saw right...not likely gonna be clean. So i tried to fire it up to no avail. First was carburetor. Got it rebuilt and still not much but it did pop and run crazy for 3 seconds after many many many pulls... I thought we have an air leak here. So i started taking it apart. I was thinking impulse line, gaskets, boot, seals etc. Boot was first. It was torn nearly in half. Got it repaired and back together. Still has the same symptoms. Ok, back apart and see what else. Down to a block and i find several issues. Stuck rings, yes both of them but then whats this light here...a hole in the oil tank! Thats an air leak also. Rotted thru. Well believe it or not i had a cp55 oil tank. Unreal right? So lets put a new seal in while im this far. So new seal, thought i had a ring repaired....back to that later...new boot, carb fixed oil tank replaced, back together. Fired up!! The saw locked up tighter than hell in less than 10 seconds. Ring broke!!! So...back apart. Now i need rings. He wasnt interested in ebay prices so i emailed and searched. No exact ones other than ebay until i found a used piston in a drawer with rings!! Swapped those out and back together again....fired up 10 seconds later...locked up tighter than help again!!! In the garage now with a socket on the flywheel...shes tight boys. Bearings!!! Back apart again. Bearings move very freely?? Now im scratching my head. So i grab an oil tank from a 10 series for giggles and test fit it. The 4 larger bolts in place and it turns over fine. So the Cp oil tank is not working and its squeezing the bearings on the crankshaft. So now im making a 10-10 oil tank into a cp55 oil tank. Very simple really. Plug one hole and drill another for av mount. Back together again. Turns over nice with a drill and have spark so i start complete assembly....again. 8 pulls and its idling on its own. Revs fine and does not lock up!! Yeeedoggy! Stay with me.....so the bearing seats in the cp55 oil tank housing were too small squeezing the bearing when it was assembled so tight that a bit of heat and theyd squeeze onto the crankshaft and brakes were on. First for me. Lesson learned though. Thought id share a long success story. My buddy now has a cp55 that runs well. His mac bucket list is one saw shorter.
Can you measure the overall length or height of the old oil tank cover gasket to the bearing pocket? Im curious if its been modified?

Back