McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up over there. I didn't figure out how to search out members , Maybe tomorrow.
About the saw I'm sure I will be asking you guys questions about it's faults and ways to fix it. Thanks ,👍
To the gentleman who wanted to know which bar to use on the Mac 250. I use a large mount 009 Husky bar in 3/8 .63 you’ll have to open up the slot width about .010 with a dermal or file and I use an 1/8” bit and drill straight down to the oil hole which will let it oil with the stock bar guards

To the gentleman who wanted to know which bar to use on the Mac 250. I use a large mount 009 Husky bar in 3/8 .63 you’ll have to open up the slot width about .010 with a dermal or file and I use an 1/8” bit and drill straight down to the oil hole which will let it oil with the stock bar guards
Oh the clutch with the rim sprocket can be found at LRB

I signed up over there. I didn't figure out how to search out members , Maybe tomorrow.
About the saw I'm sure I will be asking you guys questions about it's faults and ways to fix it. Thanks ,👍
Thats why we are here. Youll find a good running 850 will run with most modern saws with no issue. They are strong runners.

Yes so you have history with that saw?
Break it to me gently....

Hahaha hell no im a couple miles to many south:)

Hopefully the cylinder is good and your on a winner. It could be scored up and Vinny will be your best friend. I see its got an SP bottom on it which is cool I like those. You'll need a chain brake handle. And maybe other bits but luckily the come off a 40 year span of 10 series saws :) the chip screen needs a couple cableties and a nice bar would go good on it :) that bar be good for other smaller macs that will no doubt show up.

Hopefully the cylinder is good and your on a winner. It could be scored up and Vinny will be your best friend. I see its got an SP bottom on it which is cool I like those. You'll need a chain brake handle. And maybe other bits but luckily the come off a 40 year span of 10 series saws :) the chip screen needs a couple cableties and a nice bar would go good on it :) that bar be good for other smaller macs that will no doubt show up.
Maybe run that bar on a 10-10 , or the 700.

+1, that saw can pull a 36" no sweat, at least in softwood. I got lucky and scored a 36" McCulloch bar ~ a week before a member here put a SP81 up for sale, and I was able to pm him about the saw less than a minute after the ad popped up! It was a match made in heaven! Just an fyi, if you have Stihl/husky bars floating around, you could modify one of those to work. I'll be getting or making an adapter so I can run a 28" Stihl bar on my 5-10 should the need arise.

Xpropane, i really enjoy your enthusiasm for the mac world. Most of the guys here if not all at one time had that first big mcculloch saw.

I cant wait to see you when your after a 125!!! Those are exciting. Heck i get excited over mini macs still..lol
I have a 797 on the shelf, I had it running 8 years ago. Real pee pee poor compression.
I never cut with it but heard stories and seen pictures of it when it was in use in the mid 70s. It is one I really want to rebuild, just not the first.
Yes I am definitely enthusiastic. I'm a long ways away from opening a museum 😄

Xpropane, i really enjoy your enthusiasm for the mac world. Most of the guys here if not all at one time had that first big mcculloch saw.

I cant wait to see you when your after a 125!!! Those are exciting. Heck i get excited over mini macs still..lol
Oh yeah did you see the post about your my new best friend if this 850 cylinder is is for poo poo? ( Ha family friendly the site let me type that).

I have a 797 on the shelf, I had it running 8 years ago. Real pee pee poor compression.
I never cut with it but heard stories and seen pictures of it when it was in use in the mid 70s. It is one I really want to rebuild, just not the first.
Yes I am definitely enthusiastic. I'm a long ways away from opening a museum 😄

Get at that 797 man a WOW saw

+1, that saw can pull a 36" no sweat, at least in softwood. I got lucky and scored a 36" McCulloch bar ~ a week before a member here put a SP81 up for sale, and I was able to pm him about the saw less than a minute after the ad popped up! It was a match made in heaven! Just an fyi, if you have Stihl/husky bars floating around, you could modify one of those to work. I'll be getting or making an adapter so I can run a 28" Stihl bar on my 5-10 should the need arise.
Nice , I have a MCC 28" for it or a couple hard nose bars. If I was to buy a new bar who makes a good sturdy 28- 32" ?

Back