McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd take a 125 over a 3120 or 880 any day in big or super hard wood. The 125 weighs the same and unless the others are ported, it'll kick their azz's with a 50" bar.

Well exactly man the 125s and probably the 105 and id say 797s and guess a few gear drives too are still a competition for a 3120 in a big ass log. How useful for 98.3 percent of us is a 3120 or a 125 though really?

Damn id love a 125. And from time to time yup a 5 or 6 foot macro

I will agree that my 5-10 had a fairly low but unstoppable chain speed however, my 372 with the 75cc top end runs at a top rpm of 9600 in the cut, which felt similar to or even a bit slower than my SP81. On the whole, though, you are correct that newer saws and most ported saws are peakier.
It depends on how or by whom did the porting. I had an 088 that gained a ton of low rpm from porting. Both of my 372's have much more low end than they did. Sure they scream, but they also have low end now. I had an 850 ported and it lost some of the low end. Make of that what you will.

Well exactly man the 125s and probably the 105 and id say 797s and guess a few gear drives too are still a competition for a 3120 in a big ass log. How useful for 98.3 percent of us is a 3120 or a 125 though really?

For a while, the big wood found me. During that time, 125's were very useful. Big 60" + wood is still out there, mostly oaks, maples, and sequoia, however, my buddy quit cutting with me and I can't do it alone. Now my body is quiting so the big saws are either shelf queens or finding other homes.

Ebay man check it out. LRB and oem are still out there. Pretty much ebay is the go really.

To be honest chuck wanted ads in your local paper or buy sell. Heck i feel a sign up on the road would get a few.....

McCulloch saws wanted dead or alive.

Your gunna get a few 610s and minis and junk China saws but do as ya must a few 10 series will pop up too. Once your known as a mac guy they will just keep showing up im sure they breed sometimes. I've got a few im not sure how they showed up :)
"They breed sometimes" had me rolling on the floor. As for collecting old mccullochs unfortunantly that just isn't possiable, in my part of oregon there are ads all over the place for people doing just that. The 2 mac saws i have i had to ship in from out of state because the saws posted on cragslist or FB market place disapear in a matter of hours to collectors. One of those collectors is a local saw shop that buys up macs for parts to fix customers saws. But no worry i picked up some rings on ebay about an hour ago, even got 2 extra sets for any future 70 cc saws i get. However i really wish i could find a new piston.

@sawfun Those sp125's are beasts, i wish i could afford one. Don't know what they go for around you but here in oregon if they are a runner then you don't expect to pay less than $1,000. They sell to fast for me to grab one even if i had the money but a man can always dream.

For a while, the big wood found me. During that time, 125's were very useful. Big 60" + wood is still out there, mostly oaks, maples, and sequoia, however, my buddy quit cutting with me and I can't do it alone. Now my body is quiting so the big saws are either shelf queens or finding other homes.

Sorry to hear that :( the positive is you got to run that stuff n experience it
Its nice that your letting them go though. Still sad :(

"They breed sometimes" had me rolling on the floor. As for collecting old mccullochs unfortunantly that just isn't possiable, in my part of oregon there are ads all over the place for people doing just that. The 2 mac saws i have i had to ship in from out of state because the saws posted on cragslist or FB market place disapear in a matter of hours to collectors. One of those collectors is a local saw shop that buys up macs for parts to fix customers saws. But no worry i picked up some on ebay about an hour ago, even got 2 extra sets for any future 70 cc saws i get. However i really wish i could find a new piston.

Bum :( is there no pistons on ebay at the moment? Search 700s

says its out of stock? will they get more.

Awww Hahaha woops. Been on my watch list like 2 years atleast. Ummm to be honest the LRBs are proving ok in the 70s and Vinny runs them in 82s also and are holding up fine

I know of a couple guys running LRBs in the 70s happily

Little Red Barn is a small company that sells saw stuff on ebay. They have them in red boxes on ebay. Good prices but they have no bearings in them. Used to but not anymore. Theyre around 35 bucks. The wrist pin is not sized right and your current wrist pin is a must use. They are a .001 too small. On 82cc pistons (92519) the wrist pin measures .438 oem. Lrb wrist pin is .437. It will come out. A guy on here had his bearing come out also and destroyed his 82cc cylinder on 1st tank of fuel. Ive not experienced that but it sure makes ya think.

Exactly how often do I really need to use that?

This may be a head slapper but I haven't worked on Macs much and I need a fuel line as you can see it just comes out into the air/carb box. Is there a OEM TYPE replacement available(slap)? or am I going to be rigging some connectors and such? I'm aware some people use Tygon and some type of gas tolerant glue but wonder if there's a better way.
Starter cover had some missing areas and mag rot so JB weld repair is started. Going to sand that a bit and put another layer to even up.
Thanks for any replies, help, or even wise cracks!

Attachments

• super250 2.jpeg
    super250 2.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 12
  • super250 recoil JB WELD 1.jpeg
    super250 recoil JB WELD 1.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 12
  • super250 recoil JB WELD.jpeg
    super250 recoil JB WELD.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 13
Sorry to not respond till now...had to get the little ones ready for night time. I used a standard piston from bob johnson. 2 thin rings. 92519

Thankyou everyone for the comments. Jethro yes he is willing to do this for anyone. I funded the jigs he built for the cylinders. Thats all on me. I wanted it done so the jigs are his now. Ill be going to his shop next weekend and actually doing an 850 and 81 cylinder myself. Ill be setting them up and hitting the go buttons on his machines. Im very excited for that. His shop is unreal with the tooling he has. I saw nearly everything in a machine shop but a planer table. And he is well versed on using the stuff he has. Good teacher too. Anyway. Im at work and gonna get in trouble if i dont get doing some stuff...lol
I have an 850 cylinder I want him to try his hand at. Can you get me in contact or can I just send it to you? I also have a PM800 jug that got pinned. It would require modification to the exhaust port of the sleeve for the Q port if he's willing to experiment some more.

Hey guys I did a search but couldn’t quite find what I’m looking for so I’ll ask. I just got done assembling the throttle/choke with the correct boot and nubber on my 10-10 S. Now I’ve found I can’t get the throttle to move back to idle as there is a missing spring in the trigger assembly I’ve found. I ordered the spring part #92152 from eBay but not sure how the spring attaches to the trigger. Does anybody have a diagram or illustration to help out? I punched out the roll pin and trigger is out now. The lock seems to have a functioning spring now that I’ve checked it so it’s just the trigger spring. Thanks in advance!
Mark, do you have any visual aids/schematics that can help me with this? Is the part# correct for a later model Pro Mac 10 10S? Thanks

Latest posts

Back