McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 850 cylinder I want him to try his hand at. Can you get me in contact or can I just send it to you? I also have a PM800 jug that got pinned. It would require modification to the exhaust port of the sleeve for the Q port if he's willing to experiment some more.
Ill get back with you this evening. Im at work right now. I see the pm.

Here’s a couple including a picture of the spring I’ve got ordered. Fairly sure the long part of the spring points forward from the throttle trigger but not sure where the small end lands to install with tension on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 988352F7-682E-4DCD-93EE-920A65BDEBB8.png
    988352F7-682E-4DCD-93EE-920A65BDEBB8.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
Here’s a couple including a picture of the spring I’ve got ordered. Fairly sure the long part of the spring points forward from the throttle trigger but not sure where the small end lands to install with tension on it.
Roger that. I will compare with some of my macs at home.

They are impressive. I really like hearing them idle and open up to cut. So much fun. No i dont use them often but i love getting them out to play. Big bars and big chips. Makes the wife laugh too cause it puts a smile on my face. Tim the tool man grunts
Almost as sweet as my Dynaglide at idle ! :laughing:

@sawfun Those sp125's are beasts, i wish i could afford one. Don't know what they go for around you but here in oregon if they are a runner then you don't expect to pay less than $1,000. They sell to fast for me to grab one even if i had the money but a man can always dream.
I am in Oregon and just sold one for a grand.

So id like to put out here some info about the sleeves. I talked to my buddy today and he is more than willing to do this for anyone. He does ask a piston be sent for measurements to the cylinder wall. No different than getting one rechromed, they require a piston also. He said also that it would be best to ship your cylinder to him and he will ship it back. Other than that i will gladly help get you all in contact with him. I dont want them shipped to me to take to him cause we work different schedules and i dont see him everyday so that would be crappy for you to send one to me and not get it to him for a week. Please feel free to ask though, im more than happy to assist. His name is Mitch by the way.

Im headed over to his place saturday to sleeve an 850 cylinder myself in his shop!!! I plan on lots of pictures and video if he doesnt mind. Im pretty excited about it.

I need to add that my friend is not a saw mechanic. He wants the cylinder only. Not a entire saw.

Maybe. Mine is a late model 10 10S so maybe a bit different but it’s worth a try. Thank you!
I stand corrected. Apparently their is a spring there! Been a bit since I had section of one apart I guess. I did a quick look when I got home but need to blow some dust off and get under some good light to see if I can get a good pic for you.

These are from a 1010 light weight

Attachments

• 22CA3F3B-9586-48D9-A1D1-7F4C8B058CC2.jpeg
    22CA3F3B-9586-48D9-A1D1-7F4C8B058CC2.jpeg
    920.7 KB · Views: 8
  • F7AD537B-EF74-47D1-8417-6E0BD44980DD.jpeg
    F7AD537B-EF74-47D1-8417-6E0BD44980DD.jpeg
    906.8 KB · Views: 8
  • F3BADB24-245D-4518-828F-4FDE0D5F1C01.jpeg
    F3BADB24-245D-4518-828F-4FDE0D5F1C01.jpeg
    918.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 425BC303-4587-4122-A8AE-0FA29E28E9D5.jpeg
    425BC303-4587-4122-A8AE-0FA29E28E9D5.jpeg
    905 KB · Views: 8
So id like to put out here some info about the sleeves. I talked to my buddy today and he is more than willing to do this for anyone. He does ask a piston be sent for measurements to the cylinder wall. No different than getting one rechromed, they require a piston also. He said also that it would be best to ship your cylinder to him and he will ship it back. Other than that i will gladly help get you all in contact with him. I dont want them shipped to me to take to him cause we work different schedules and i dont see him everyday so that would be crappy for you to send one to me and not get it to him for a week. Please feel free to ask though, im more than happy to assist. His name is Mitch by the way.

Im headed over to his place saturday to sleeve an 850 cylinder myself in his shop!!! I plan on lots of pictures and video if he doesnt mind. Im pretty excited about it.

I need to add that my friend is not a saw mechanic. He wants the cylinder only. Not a entire saw.
I congratulate you and Mitch both. This is an awesome achievement, one that will help save a lot of from being sold off as parts on EBay. I hope I won't need Mitch's services, but having that option is amazing!

Eric R.

Out of curiosity what is the maximum bore size that he can produce, say if I had a 54mm piston not a 52?

Latest posts

Back