McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I need to reuse my wrist pin with the LBR piston kit, but what do you guys have to say about their wrist pin bearings? Are they a good press fit? For my 700 or 6-10...
TIA. Eric R.

So id like to put out here some info about the sleeves. I talked to my buddy today and he is more than willing to do this for anyone. He does ask a piston be sent for measurements to the cylinder wall. No different than getting one rechromed, they require a piston also. He said also that it would be best to ship your cylinder to him and he will ship it back. Other than that i will gladly help get you all in contact with him. I dont want them shipped to me to take to him cause we work different schedules and i dont see him everyday so that would be crappy for you to send one to me and not get it to him for a week. Please feel free to ask though, im more than happy to assist. His name is Mitch by the way.

Im headed over to his place saturday to sleeve an 850 cylinder myself in his shop!!! I plan on lots of pictures and video if he doesnt mind. Im pretty excited about it.

I need to add that my friend is not a saw mechanic. He wants the cylinder only. Not a entire saw.
Could he do a 125 cylinder? if i got a piston?

Hi , im new to the site , great posts., i love those McCulloch saws. Doing a project on an echo cs4400, would anyone have a line on the shop manual. Thanks in advance. Joe

I know I need to reuse my wrist pin with the LBR piston kit, but what do you guys have to say about their wrist pin bearings? Are they a good press fit? For my 700 or 6-10...
TIA. Eric R.
In one 82cc mac I reused the original bearings after carefully pressing them out with an arbor press.

Out of curiosity what is the maximum bore size that he can produce, say if I had a 54mm piston not a 52?
i do not actually know. so he bores out the chrome and a bit deeper into the cylinder walls but is limited to the bolt holes for putting the oil tank on with. he did mention he was not comfortable going any larger due to the bolts for the oil tank. ive not asked him about the specific details as far as precise bore size and sleeve thickness etc. he bought the sleeve thru summit and then made it the right length, then ID and OD for the bore and piston respectfully. i may know more after this weekend.

How many 82s you got now?
3 ,but I still have the original 800 motor kit in a box waiting for a saw with a completely wiped cylinder !
At the time I put together a sp81 with the bad motor I had a spare 80 cylinder that was a model plane experiment from the local shop owner, so I used a LBR piston in that one.
Ive got a few feelers out to guys if they have a parts one for me to complete.

Back