McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The engines in the Mini Mac saws are not bad at all, pretty peppy in fact. The problem is the package, difficult to work on and the ergonomics are not so good even when you do get the oiler and carburetors right.

If I had a good supply of the Zama M1-M7 carburetors I could reduce the time needed to tend to a Mini Mac by and hour or two...

Mark

The engines in the Mini Mac saws are not bad at all, pretty peppy in fact. The problem is the package, difficult to work on and the ergonomics are not so good even when you do get the oiler and carburetors right.

I actually can't wait to have another go at getting my 110's carb sorted (I'm not confident I did a good job with a cheap kit a couple of years ago).

I often wonder if there's a way they could be modified so that there is better access to the carb... 🤔

That is the only thing I seen that was close but not it. It is possible the old logger that had it rigged something up. Im going to keep putting it back together. I need to call the guy. I didn't get any clutches, sprockets, gas or oil caps. And only one carburetor.

Special Pre-Season North East Tennessee MAC Report

Another beautiful day in North East Tennessee today in low 80s degrees after beginning the day in the 60s. Brian and I skidded logs (mostly white oak) and fell two trees (a hickory and a white oak). We knocked off early around 2:00 after our loaders and haulers left at noon.

All of the falling and bucking today was done with Brian's PM800 which was sporting a nice sharp chain. Skidding was done with the 1958 Deere 420C. Until the site owner gets TDOT approval for the removal of a dozen or so nice oaks from the highway right-of-way, we will be done with this site after falling three more trees - a huge Beech 40"+ dbh and two 30" white oaks. We are leaving 100s of poplars - all straight as arrows and a few close to 3' dbh.

Brian bucking the hickory and a 3" sumac vine.
IMG_7161.JPG IMG_7162.JPG

The 420C with the first section of the hickory in tow.
IMG_7164.JPG

We'll skid the white oak next week.

Looking forward to Fall weather.

Be safe.

Ron

Back