McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive seen an 82cc be a bit snug on the pto with that same dowel not perfect. However the cp55 does not have that aluminum piece around the bearing. Its 54cc. Im still convinced it was the housing just a few thous tighter than the others for some reason. Perhaps thats why it was in my pile to begin with. I got it in an alotment of stuff off ebay at some point. So who knows. I know ill not likely use it again...lol

I know I should be posting this in the Mini Mac sticky (I already have),but I just gotta post here too.I've had an Eager Beaver 2.1 for about 5 1/2 yrs.now & I could never get the oilers to work consistently.The last time I fiddled with the saw was almost 2 yrs.ago.
Today I was in the garage looking for a 10-10 to test coils on when I spotted the little rascal & figured I'd have another go at it.I had to get it fired up first which took about 3 primes & then it fired up.I shut it down & pulled the tank off the front & was in disbelief at what I'd done previously.In my haste I forgot to stuff the oil line back into the tank after connecting the line to the pump.This resulted in a kink in the line due to getting pinched.I took an oil tank & line off a 2.3 that had little to no compression & put it on the 2.1 & had instant success.I almost think the auto-oiler is working too.I love this little saw for limbing!

Here's another one that I've had sitting around for a few yrs.I got a good carb from Mark & away it went.I've got a question about the purge bulb though.I've got it hooked up the way I think it's supposed to be,but it doesn't pump fuel into the carb.Is the fuel inlet on the needle side of the carb or is it on the opposite side?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
The purge bulb should pull fuel through the carburetor, through the bulb, and discharge back to the tank. By pulling fuel through the carburetor it will be filled when you attempt to start the saw. If you get them hooked up backwards it will pump fuel into the carburetor as long as the fuel level in the tank is high enough to reach the "discharge" line back into the tank. It will also flood the saw fairly quickly since it it pushing fuel into the carburetor and literally forcing it out thorough the H and L ports in the carburetor.

Mark

The purge bulb should pull fuel through the carburetor, through the bulb, and discharge back to the tank. By pulling fuel through the carburetor it will be filled when you attempt to start the saw. If you get them hooked up backwards it will pump fuel into the carburetor as long as the fuel level in the tank is high enough to reach the "discharge" line back into the tank. It will also flood the saw fairly quickly since it it pushing fuel into the carburetor and literally forcing it out thorough the H and L ports in the carburetor.

Mark
The bulb isn't pulling fuel at all.

Latest posts

Back