• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell McCulloch Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ancient One

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Downsizing the shop, the big old 1960's Macs have to go.

If any interest I will pull the saws out of storage and take photos & post.

No prices yet but price will be low for the whole lot.

Includes saws bars chains, a box of spare parts and the cherished big old McCulloch shop manual.

Best to sell to someone within driving distance of Port Angeles, WA, as it will be a pickup load. I have photos on the computer for some of them, here goes:

Two gear drives. 895 and 1-61. The 61 has original bar and chain, 1/2 inch pitch with lots of life left. Needless to say it is a very low hour machine.

w85J3yw.jpg

eoRluHN.jpg

f1ZCxoR.jpg

895 last year milling some nice fir logs.

jvql4SW.jpg

36 inch, have a 42

jMIVbCd.jpg

H8gac4g.jpg

The seller hasn't been on this site since he posted these saws for sale.
Guess he's not a motivated seller.
As sawfun said chemo is not a fun thing and saws are not at the top of the list of prioritries. If that is not the case then yes I would most certainly agree he is not too motivated. Things do pop up and I know that well............

It sounds like he's pretty sick. Chemo or surgery on a 75 year old man can be rough. Saws are low priority if he is even able.
You are correct, i just read this whole thread again and somehow missed that part. My heart goe's out to
the seller and wish him good health and a full recovery.

Yep a good old machine. Hate to sell it but I am 75 years old with prostate cancer. My chain saw days are over! Lost a lot of muscle mass and cannot start the big girls anymore even with the compression release.
I am 79, have bone marrow cancer, and am attempting to talk myself out of buying them. Keep truckin', it ain't easy but it is possible to beat this disease. I am still alive, and was given a year to live, 34 years ago.

Back