McCulloch Mini-Mac 35 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottnc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My dad's saw from the early seventies. A short back story; It has had issues its entire life from new with starting hot. Dealer never did get it running or starting to suit my dad so he parked it, later he tossed it me after he retired just to keep from throwing it away. Crank broke in the nineties which I replaced along with crank seals but never used it much. It has sat until I got it running this time last year to use pruning peach trees. First replacing the fuel line, a story unto itself. Then checking and setting the points . . . but only after a bunch of dinking around with the carb did it finally begin starting and running decent - but only for a while. Less than thirty minutes after putting it to work it began running worse and worse at anything less much less than WOT until it finally died, never to start again. Set it aside, under a bench until now.

Have it stripped bare with the crank out and plan to replace rings, crank seals, o-rings, gaskets, plug, points and condenser, etc. Is there a go-to for parts for these old Mac's? I had a bad experience looking for the fuel line and carb kit last year and do not wish a repeat.

One other thing, the bar oiler is a joke. It has the thumb plunger (that will not stay in place) beside the grip but has "Automatic Bar and Chain Oiling" on a sticker right below the grip . . . huh? There has been bar oil is running everywhere but on the bar, should I nix the oiler and go squirt can or can it be fixed?

i have some old minimac parts. if you got part # Pm me is u like

I've located a good bit of what I need but the freight is going to be killer - four different suppliers so far with the shipping more $ than the part cost.

Thread drift for someone familiar with these saws: I ran across how the "Automatic Bar and Chain Oiling" works via crankcase pulses, just like the carb. I wonder, if the bar oil pulse pump connection to the crankcase is leaking (larger of the two o-ring in the parts exploded view?) or the small o-ring inside the pump is leaking . . . could that be why the thing runs like poop once it warms-up? Bar oil thins from the heat and an air leak results?

Latest posts

Back