Mcculloch PM 610 oiler differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sven556

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I've got a Mcculloch PM 610 that was found in a barn that blew down back in December. I've cleaned it up and replaced the usual items: seals, carb kit, fuel line, fuel filter, etc. It now runs good; but it doesn't oil. I followed the directions in the service manual to test the pump and the oil pump did not pass. Now I run into more trouble. The IPL I have shows the oiler assembly is part number 219380. That number does not come up much in online searches. There are oilers that show up in searches, with different part numbers, that appear to fit this model saw. I'm looking at purchasing an oiler with part number 219991, all the holes looks like it will line up but I am not sure yet. Can anyone confirm this or what different oil pumps will fit correctly? I appreciate the help.

I'm looking at purchasing an oiler with part number 219991
It should fit your saw. There are several oiler part numbers that McCulloch used on the 600 series saws, and the only difference I know of is the input check valve. And it doesn't affect fit or function.

I have had good luck running kerosene or brake cleaner though the oiler to get it working again. A new diaphragm for the auto oiler or o-ring on the manual oiler piston could also be needed. The input check valve could be stuck as well. 600 series oilers are notoriously problematic.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

The older pump numbers (94129, 219380) utilized the same disk for the inlet check valve as the 10 series models. The later pumps (219991) utilized an integrated inlet check valve that is not serviceable but any NOS pump that I have tried with the integrated valve worked as intended.

McCulloch changed part numbers when the part design changed, and a few times when they updated their numbering scheme.

Mark

Sven556: I found one of those chainsaws at the dump (PM610). After replacing a few small missing parts, it fired right up….however….the oil pump would leak out oil everywhere (underneath) and it had problems pumping onto the chain.

What I did what a few other people suggested and first tried flushing with Marvel Mystery Oil. When that didn’t have any success, I decided to be gutsy and ran some Gasoline through the oil pump (being extremely careful where the gasoline discharged as to avoid an explosive situation). Yes, I know…not the safest or wisest manuever…BE CAREFUL!!!

Finally, after a quick flush (started it up and ran the saw for about 5 minutes), and used the manual oil pump button in hopes that would force some gasoline my through the system. Finally, I shut it off and poured out the residual gasoline and wiped it out best I could then replaced back in winter grade bar oil (Stihl) and things finally started to happen!!…(Less oil leaked out and it started auto pumping to the chain)!

The Final repair was simple….”I Just Ran It and frequently used the manual oil button”

After a few trees cut…the oil stopped leaking out totally and it discharged oil onto the chain like it should (albeit I had to make several minor adjustments to dial it in).

The lesson I learned was to not let this saw sit on the shelf for months at a time. I usually take it out every few months and run it for about 10 minutes to keep everything from clogging up.

Good luck! Awesome chainsaw! Cuts right through firewood….!!!

Back