mcculloch pro mac 10-10 fuel cap leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ray

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have the old chainsaw bug in my old age , picked up a nice running pro mac 10-10 , but the gas cap leaks. The vent bushing , duckbill and spring are missing from cap. I'm going to pour out the gas when I get to feeling better( Cold/allergies) and see if some of it might be in the tank ,but i'm doubtful. So do any of you folks have a DIY fix or parts or cap you will part with? Thanks in advance

Perhaps you could contact Mark Heimann. I think he likely has Mac caps. I checked my boneyard and cannot find one. Check the rubber washer seal under the cap. It could be cracked or missing and rather easy to replace.

I have the same problem with the fuel cap on my old ProMac 10-10 saw. The duck bill and everything else is missing. I never even saw what was there originally because I picked up this saw at a garage sale. I've been fixing it up a little bit at a time and it runs great. The only thing left to figure out is this business with the fuel cap vent. I tried to make an older Homelite Duck bill work, but it just fell into the tank.

Hey, thanks for the reply! I ended up making a small brass insert to capture a Homelite Duck bill I had on hand and hoping it will work.

Back