Mcculloch Pro Mac 555 vs 6-10 Automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKreider89

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’m slowly learning more about the old Mccullochs but can someone with some more knowledge and experience share some of the pros and cons of these saws?

I have both sitting on the bench, and would like to know the strengths of these two. Both are projects, the 6-10 is less complete, the carb is in pieces and it’s missing air filter, gas cap, and needs a fuel line (it could need more, that’s just the first observations). The pro Mac 555 is complete except for a bar nut lol. The recoil spring isn’t very strong, leaves 8in of rope hanging out. I’ve tried to start it and so far no go.

What’s parts availability/interchangeability?

Any help appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
The 555 is more modern, LH starter is more natural to many people, 57 cc with pretty good porting.

The 6-10 is 70 cc and if the compression is similar will sorely spank the 555.

Bar & chain and clutch drums will swap, air filters are the same, everything else is fairly specialized to each saw.

You'll get more views and more input if you post this over in the McCulloch thread.

Mark

The 555 is more modern, LH starter is more natural to many people, 57 cc with pretty good porting.

Bar & chain and clutch drums will swap, air filters are the same, everything else is fairly specialized to each saw.

You'll get more views and more input if you post this over in the McCulloch thread.

Mark
Thanks mark! I’ll post it now.

Mark
Mark,

Dumb question, is there a good way to search for the Mcculloch thread? I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks
Eric

Back