Mcculloch super 10-10 automatic, chain questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those saws usually used 60 DL chains. Either buy a 60 DL chain or you could have your 62 DL chain shortened.

Just to be safe, wait to return that 62 link chain till you get the new sprocket on. It may fit.

Found one on amazon of all places, would it be safe to assume to find a chain that matches up with my old chain (obviously now in 3/8) since I will be using the same bar? .050 62dt

You mentioned in a post a while back that the chain you bought was 3/8 lp. That's a different chain than what you need if you convert the saw to 3/8 pitch. You want a full 3/8 pitch chain. 3/8 LP is not the same.

Not quite sure what the code number on the drive links is for the Stihl LP chain but it may be 63. If you bought an Oregon chain, the number on the drive link will be 91.

I actually found a spool of it online 8' for 25$, should be here by the end of the week, I found some old .354 masterlinks on ebay, do I need these or can I just press out one of the pins then press it back into the next link?

I actually found a spool of it online 8' for 25$, should be here by the end of the week, I found some old .354 masterlinks on ebay, do I need these or can I just press out one of the pins then press it back into the next link?
You could reuse but much better to use a new one.

Back