McCulloch Super 55A... much interest in these?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I had a young fellow call me a few days ago with a pretty nice looking McCulloch Super 55A he wants to sell. Looks like it has a 30" solid nose McCulloch guide bar. Says it ran a long time ago, but has been sitting for years. Paint looks pretty good. I thought it was just another 82cc boat anchor, but noticed those things are gear drive, and have that Kart motor with a removeable head.
Wondered if anyone wants to purchase something like that ?

I had a young fellow call me a few days ago with a pretty nice looking McCulloch Super 55A he wants to sell. Looks like it has a 30" solid nose McCulloch guide bar. Says it ran a long time ago, but has been sitting for years. Paint looks pretty good. I thought it was just another 82cc boat anchor, but noticed those things are gear drive, and have that Kart motor with a removeable head.
Wondered if anyone wants to purchase something like that ?

Serious collectors only, that thing weighs in at 21 #s, pho! Loud, no anti vibe, 16:1 oil mix right hand starter radio face, manual oiler, nice old saw! I have an old I-50 that's very similar, got it running with a little work, mainly just replaced the rock hard diaphragm in the carb, then put it up in the rafters to make room for more modern usable saws! It was given to me with about 10 other saws of similar vintage and in various stages of repair. Have no idea what the value would be, but fun to pull out and fire up on a nice day! Still has the original bar and chain, 1/2 drive I believe, she's a beast!

Yep, its an oldy !!!
Its gear drive, and I guess there is a following for those Kart motors. Which is interesting.
Its still a long drive to pick it up... the time, fuel, expense of the saw, etc.
I figured if there was somebody with a particular interest in them, I'd snag it, but for now I'll let him keep it under the bench... possibly a future purchase.

Latest posts

Back