McCullough Pro Mac 610 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djl2020

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any good news on a McCullough Pro Mac 610 chainsaw, can grab one for 50.00 possibly less, ran last time used has been parked for 5 years

Attachments

• 107660480_10163702428060521_2218978649678489119_o.jpg
    107660480_10163702428060521_2218978649678489119_o.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 117687831_1968660876597943_4684827447512731839_n.jpg
    117687831_1968660876597943_4684827447512731839_n.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 14
They run alright, made of lead, a dime a dozen.
LMAO They may be a dime a dozen, but parts sure are hard to come by! I just paid $85.00 for a Brand New Walbro carb for the one I have, from FleaBay, but it was just what I needed to get mine up and screaming after replacing the fuel line, all gaskets, and a replacement pull starter. Was my bro in law's, found it buried in the back of his barn after he passed away & hadn't seen the light of day in probably 20 - 25 years. Makes an oily mess now but really runs great. Now back to the storm cleanup tomorrow! :chainsaw:

LMAO They may be a dime a dozen, but parts sure are hard to come by! I just paid $85.00 for a Brand New Walbro carb for the one I have, from FleaBay, but it was just what I needed to get mine up and screaming after replacing the fuel line, all gaskets, and a replacement pull starter. Was my bro in law's, found it buried in the back of his barn after he passed away & hadn't seen the light of day in probably 20 - 25 years. Makes an oily mess now but really runs great. Now back to the storm cleanup tomorrow! :chainsaw:
Sorry for you loss.[emoji6]

Bought two...one ran but on the 3rd run a loose screw got behind the flywheel and made a mess so i took parts off the other and tore both down to the crankshaft. New rope, both hoses, oil pump, resealed the oil tank, new bar and chain. They don't scream but they have a ton of grunt. I have no regrets

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

yeah I found my way into a bunch of these, they are plentiful and you can find parts if you need them. I found a guy in southern OH who has a bunch of parts and sells rebuilt saws too.

As said, heavy for the power but they made some good grunt. Pretty good anti-vibe. Can easily pull a 20" bar with a sharp chain. Can go bigger if needed, but if going over 24" then i'd personally go with a skip chain.

Kind of wonky to work on, the way the clutch cover works, be sure not to lose the little slide and stud for the brake handle. But very easy to work on the carb, replace the fuel line, etc. The trigger latch always seems to break - I've got only 2 intact out of 5.

I removed the spark arrestor screens on mine, they were cruddy and seemed restrictive.

I just threw an inner spike on one of mine and ran it last weekend - was fun and it did well with a decently sharp chain. Auto oiler doesn't seem to work, thought it did the first time I ran the saw - another thing to fix, no biggie.

They seem to go through fuel very quickly...... small tank, needs refueling often if you're gettin' after it.

I like them!

yeah I found my way into a bunch of these, they are plentiful and you can find parts if you need them. I found a guy in southern OH who has a bunch of parts and sells rebuilt saws too.

As said, heavy for the power but they made some good grunt. Pretty good anti-vibe. Can easily pull a 20" bar with a sharp chain. Can go bigger if needed, but if going over 24" then i'd personally go with a skip chain.

Kind of wonky to work on, the way the clutch cover works, be sure not to lose the little slide and stud for the brake handle. But very easy to work on the carb, replace the fuel line, etc. The trigger latch always seems to break - I've got only 2 intact out of 5.

I removed the spark arrestor screens on mine, they were cruddy and seemed restrictive.

I just threw an inner spike on one of mine and ran it last weekend - was fun and it did well with a decently sharp chain. Auto oiler doesn't seem to work, thought it did the first time I ran the saw - another thing to fix, no biggie.

They seem to go through fuel very quickly...... small tank, needs refueling often if you're gettin' after it.

I like them!
They drink heavily for sure

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quad transfers, chain brake, anti vibe, the exhaust exits into the cooling air outlet which helps blow it away from the operator, and it has the equivalent of what Stihl later marketed as "InteliCarb" or some such nonsense. Yeah, it's heavy, but otherwise was a quite advanced design that makes good power. My SE3450 (PM605) is still a workhorse, often running a 24" bar. Used it last weekend.

Latest posts

Back