McCullough Timber Bear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those saws might be blocky and a bit homely looking but they are very well made. They were solid performers, not show ponies. Take good care of it and it’ll outlast you. Have you checked to see if the ignition system and spark plug wire might have any damage? Are you running the right plugs? It might be just a simple tweak that fixes it.

The McCulloch 610-650-655 is the saw that the marine carried in the old PC game Doom if I’m not mistaken. Many a demons, zombies, and baddies from hell have been sawn to hamburger meat by the McCulloch Timber Bear/Eager Beaver type saw. Anything with half a conscience would be smart to run away from the business end of that torquer, no matter how badass and evil they are.

I burned one of these saws up by letting to much saw dust plug up the cooling fins and it overheated scored the piston and block , spark plug boot was toast too., good thing I had 5 of them . I use compressed air more often now to blow them out.

Back