Midsize SUVs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toyota does make some good iron. They also collaborate with other car manufactures to produce certain vehicles. The Toyota supra is a rebadged BMW. The 86 is a rebadged Subaru BRZ. They also collaborate with Mazda on electric vehicles. The new MX-30 Mazda is reported to have a cork interior, suicide rear doors and a Wankel rotary. Now that is crazy awesome.

MAZDA  Zoom-Zoom - YouTube

Toyota does make some good iron. They also collaborate with other car manufactures to produce certain vehicles. The Toyota supra is a rebadged BMW. The 86 is a rebadged Subaru BRZ. They also collaborate with Mazda on electric vehicles. The new MX-30 Mazda is reported to have a cork interior, suicide rear doors and a Wankel rotary. Now that is crazy awesome.

Funny you mention cork interior, wife just said about cork flooring... small world. Lol.

My Best Friend of almost 35 years, was a Toyota Master Mechanic, he said that they were Excellent cars.

But he Rarely lacked for work either, even Toyotas break down, and need more than “Scheduled Maintenance “

Doug

My Best Friend of almost 35 years, was a Toyota Master Mechanic, he said that they were Excellent cars.

But he Rarely lacked for work either, even Toyotas break down, and need more than “Scheduled Maintenance “

Doug
Yup, skip the timing belt and water pump service and see what happens!

Funny you mention cork interior, wife just said about cork flooring... small world. Lol.
I did look this up. Apparently, you can harvest cork off trees every 9 or so years and the trees can live to 200-250 years old. Neat stuff. Some of the examples of cork flooring look spectacular.

Doug
I think my 01 Camry had a timing belt. The 2 newer ones had chains. Got to tell you, I can count on 1 hand the number of repairs I did to all three cars other than routine maintenance. Both of the newer cars are still on the road pushing 300k each. Only reason I switched to Honda Accords was to get a manual transmission. For the record, performance of the Accord is way better than a Camry.

I think my 01 Camry had a timing belt. The 2 newer ones had chains. Got to tell you, I can count on 1 hand the number of repairs I did to all three cars other than routine maintenance. Both of the newer cars are still on the road pushing 300k each. Only reason I switched to Honda Accords was to get a manual transmission. For the record, performance of the Accord is way better than a Camry.

Timing belts on interference engines are an obsolete design of years past. Even the boxer engines in Subarus have evolved from timing belts to timing chains.

The total cost of ownership of Asian vehicles is far lower than the total cost of ownership of Made in the USA, Made in Canada and Made in Mexico crap.

People buy Asian cars for reliability, not for performance.

Back