Mikita dcs6421 won’t start.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjohnsons34

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve had the saw for a few years and it’s always been trouble free until a few months ago. I can’t get it started. I have spark when I pull the plug and have it against the head. My compression is around 110 psi, not sure what it should be. When I pull the plug after I start it there is fuel on it, maybe it’s flooding but it’s not starving.
not sure what’s going on.
thanks.

If you trust your compression gauge 110 psi is low. Have you pulled the muffler to check the piston?
Pull the plug, hold throttle wide open and pull it over a bunch of times to clear the raw gas from the crankcase. Put a new plug in, flip the switch to run with no choke, hold the throttle wide open and try to start it. If it floods again there's a carb problem, or weak spark or low compression.
Good luck

These saws have a habit of the needle not sealing in the carburetor allowing fuel to flow into the crankcase which floods the saw.

If it has the original Zama C3M, clean the carburetor and put a kit in it. Polish the needle seat with a Q-tip and carburetor cleaner before you put the new needle in

These saws have a habit of the needle not sealing in the carburetor allowing fuel to flow into the crankcase which floods the saw.

If it has the original Zama C3M, clean the carburetor and put a kit in it. Polish the needle seat with a Q-tip and carburetor cleaner before you put the new needle in

AWSOME post. Thank you sir

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back