Milling forum.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds good to me, as I have seen lots of positive info on designs for the frame work for leveling plane for my saw to run on. The price for the rail system was not going to be cost effective, so I opted to uswe a 20' aluminum extension ladder with leveling legs.:)

doggonetrees said:
sounds good to me, as I have seen lots of positive info on designs for the frame work for leveling plane for my saw to run on. The price for the rail system was not going to be cost effective, so I opted to uswe a 20' aluminum extension ladder with leveling legs.:)
I'd like to see pictures of that!

heres my rail set-up:

attachment.php

and my adjustable feet:

attachment.php

I think Ive got about $40.00 into all of that with enough of that strut left over to use as a rip fence with my circular saw.

I wouldn't mind seeing a seperate forum for chainsaw milling also. I would like to set my 066 up to mill some stuff and would find it interesting.

Steve

What should this forum be named? Milling Forum? Or should it include
sawmills as well? Milling/Portable Saw mill Forum?

DDM said:
What should this forum be named? Milling Forum? Or should it include
sawmills as well? Milling/Portable Saw mill Forum?
How about "Milling/Sawmill Forum"? Keeps it simple. People will respond and word will get around. Maybe stack it next to the Firewood Forum since so many of us do both. Thanks, Bob

boboak said:
How about "Milling/Sawmill Forum"? Keeps it simple. People will respond and word will get around. Maybe stack it next to the Firewood Forum since so many of us do both. Thanks, Bob

Yes, I like the Milling/Sawmills title.

DDM, I had a pretty good fire which got most of my equipment. I have the remains of two aluminum ladders that had their footpads melted off. Took some aluminum shelf bracing that the military threw away, got some all-thread to attach it through the rungs, and get the frame-work leveled and drive nails through the existing holes to level it up. My Alaskan mill glides smoothly across it. My wife is still trying to locate her cable so I can download the pics. This set up works well on long cuts.

All milling welcome

Yeah, way to go! I want to see it all. Heck I give firewood away so I have reason to cut more. Milling should help with that too. The ingenuity of some of these guys is too good to waste.

Back