Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of the days festivities.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool watching the snow coming off from a distance, downright cold when it comes down the back of your neck!

Who won the wrasslin match? For that matter who was in it?

Cool watching the snow coming off from a distance, downright cold when it comes down the back of your neck!

Who won the wrasslin match? For that matter who was in it?

The land owners kids were out all day playing in the snow. Sarah snapped a picture of them hammering each other. Fun was had by all!:msp_biggrin:

I was just thinking about how well it all went today, all the trees fell right where they were supposed too. Except...Adam (a.k.a. Jonsered raket) had one go awry. Oh well birch trees aren't that nice looking anyways.:msp_biggrin:

Heck ya, good times had by all! I didn't work very hard, but all that time standing in front of the fire wiped me right out. I look like I got a sunburn today! :rock:

Thanks to both of the Glovers for taking good care of us today. (We should forget our wallets more often! :msp_unsure:)

I knock one limb off a scrappy birch and I wont hear the end of it for months. Oh well cheap labor isnt always the best labor.:laugh: Atleast I stopped andy from bending that new sugihara bar. But for real today was a blast, glad to get out and run some saws, fun playing in pine for a day and the best limbing a guy could ask for. Everyone better attend grantsburg fair because there is plenty of wood to cut. Glad to see such a happy landowner as well.

You guys get the pine tar off your saws yet? How many bottles of bug be gone did it take? I did a dozen red pines at the neighbor's last summer and it was pine pitch city come cleanup time.

You guys get the pine tar off your saws yet? How many bottles of bug be gone did it take? I did a dozen red pines at the neighbor's last summer and it was pine pitch city come cleanup time.

Must be the cold weather, the pines weren't very sappy. It was so nice cutting them for a change versus the red oak I am used to, usually all the trees I cut have so much sand in them I need a chain sharpening every fuel fill up. I went thru about 5 tanks in the 385 and it was just getting a bit dull towards the end.

Good times good people! Had a blast even with 2 hours of sleep. Made for a pretty good picture when I dropped that one on ur toes Sarah.

This should be a great Thread Andy. Can't wait to get to some more GTG's :chainsawguy:

Must be the cold weather, the pines weren't very sappy. It was so nice cutting them for a change versus the red oak I am used to, usually all the trees I cut have so much sand in them I need a chain sharpening every fuel fill up. I went thru about 5 tanks in the 385 and it was just getting a bit dull towards the end.

How'd you like the 385? I'm waiting for Scott so I can send him mine. I really liked princess last fall and I'm hoping to get mine a little monkey'd:rock:

How'd you like the 385? I'm waiting for Scott so I can send him mine. I really liked princess last fall and I'm hoping to get mine a little monkey'd:rock:

I really like it. I brought 4 saws with yesterday and I only used the 385. I put a 28" sugihara bar on it and it balances perfectly. I think this saw is going to be a tough one to beat at race day.:msp_smile:

I really like it. I brought 4 saws with yesterday and I only used the 385. I put a 28" sugihara bar on it and it balances perfectly. I think this saw is going to be a tough one to beat at race day.:msp_smile:

When my tax money get's in I'm going to buy a 28inch techlite for mine.

It is looking like a LATE spring with plenty to do when it warms up-So how about a fall GTG at the One Shot? Thinking about a weekend gig and opening up the cabin for those who want to stay there!?!?!?

It is looking like a LATE spring with plenty to do when it warms up-So how about a fall GTG at the One Shot? Thinking about a weekend gig and opening up the cabin for those who want to stay there!?!?!?

Where is this at? I am going to be cutting and splitting most of the year at the cabin. Still have lots of clean up from the '11 storm

Back