Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORTHERN IOWA GTG

Save the date Oct 5 2019. 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Just north of West Union,IA

All attendee's will be entered in a prize drawing. Drawing items will include at least one chainsaw, one hookaroon, one timberjack 2 cycle oil, bar oil and other items. No one will go home empty handed.

An all home cooked meal will be provided by Jan, Pulled pork, chili, homemade bread, homemade corn bread, slaw and potato salad.
Be thankful Jan is cooking and not me!

We will have fresh spring water from the spring on the property. Coffee and soft drinks too.

Bring your favorite saw/saws to show off and use for making the firewood pile grow.
We will be cutting down a fair number of trees. Many are healthy, a few are in bad shape and some are dying. There are several trees that are already down that need to be cut up and a few with wind damage. They range in size from 4" to 35" in diameter.

If somebody has a chipper they could bring that would be great. We could sure use some mulch for around our berry plants.

Please RSVP by pm. I will provide the address and directions if needed.

Thank you we are looking forward to meeting you and learning from your experiences.

ps Tall tales are allowed during lunch.
pps We have arraigned for overflow parking at a spot just down the road from our place.

Thanks again,
Art

We are still on for 9:30 am Saturday.

Hey look a MN GTG thread cool. I'm not far away from you. I'm Stewartville/Rochester MN area. Unfortunately, I have a tree job scheduled for tomorrow, cutting down a large dead Elm tree. If there is time when I'm done with that, I might swing down and meet everyone. I'm new on this board so:
Hi I'm Sam I have a day job in I.T./web and I have a chainsaw addiction.

Actually I own Root River Tree Service hence the chainsaw addiction :)
@WoodAbuser I saw you mention you're configuring firewalls -- that's very interesting to me, where do you work?

Cheers!

I have about 30 clients. All businesses. The day you mentioned was a test to show that putting the firewall I recommended into the 511 building would route all their phone traffic and be self healing. My solution works great and next weekend the hot standby will go in. Doing it this way removed static routes from firewalls in 39 locations.

Any idea how many guys showing up
Just curious
Need me to bring anything, pop etc?

Sent from Hoskey Hills

We have pop, fresh spring water and coffee to drink and lots of food. Y ou don’t need to bring anything unless you can think of something we missed. Looks like 5 or 6 guys and one of them was bringing his daughter.

We have pop, fresh spring water and coffee to drink and lots of food. Y ou don’t need to bring anything unless you can think of something we missed. Looks like 5 or 6 guys and one of them was bringing his daughter.

I’m on the way
Ok to park at the address and sleep [emoji42]

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Sorry for the rain out. Had that happen a few times at other GTGs. No way to be sure.

Thank you for putting the effort and expense into trying to make one happen.

Philbert

Thank you. We will just keep on sawing and hope for a little help now and then for the time being. You pick a date and hope for the best in the weather department. It just didn't work out this time.

Back