Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, Bob, I don't do any square fileing, I bought a simington grinder and it showed me how bad my square fileing was.
I also have 3 round grinders so I file very little anymore.
If you've done one chain you have more questions than answers.
Just try to get the corner of the file on the corner of the full chisel tooth, both outer corner and inner corner, inner corner not as important as the outer and try not to cut into the side strap. You'r gonna file away a lot of chain before it becomes easyer, and you will need more files too.
There is a lot of threads on the forums with good pics so do a search.
You still running old yellow iron?

Actually, Bob, I don't do any square fileing, I bought a simington grinder and it showed me how bad my square fileing was.
I also have 3 round grinders so I file very little anymore.
If you've done one chain you have more questions than answers.
Just try to get the corner of the file on the corner of the full chisel tooth, both outer corner and inner corner, inner corner not as important as the outer and try not to cut into the side strap. You'r gonna file away a lot of chain before it becomes easyer, and you will need more files too.
There is a lot of threads on the forums with good pics so do a search.
You still running old yellow iron?
Old and yellow, yes and I'm not really sure how many I have! I'm kind of a sucker for things people gave up on getting them to run and these saws are just simple machines. Good to hear you are still playing with saws!

If you want to liquidate some more saws Jon, give me a shout.
My stepson needed a saw so he got a 353 & a 365, it's hard to part with good saws, very hard!
I have bunch of older & odd stuff I would sell, nothing you would want tho.
Ok, might sell the 550 & 562, good strong saws but I have all these 346s, ported 350s, 357 and ported 359s that put a bigger smile on ma face.
Ain't nobody gittin my 572 tho, love that saw.
If this goes any further we should start a new thread.

Plans are in the works for a GTG at Denny's on December 5-6. Cutting and normal GTG bench racing on Saturday and for those that want to stick around a full blown cut for Interfaith on Sunday. We have between 40 to 45 cord left to process in the oldest log pile-I think we can git er dun if Mother Nature cooperates!

Back