Mis-matched bar on Husky 55 Rancher?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeuceTrinal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Edit: Apparently I can't edit post titles, I first thought this was a bar mismatch but now I think it's another issue with the bar oiler.

I inherited a 55 Rancher in great condition, but that had sat unused for 8 years. I took it to a dealer and had them look it over, but apparently they didn't check it very carefully, or clean anything at all. It runs well, but I'm having issues with the chain not oiling. I took it apart today and cleaned everything up and got the oil pump flowing. With the bar off the oil oozes out at idle and flows more at high rev.

However, with the bar and chain on I'm barely getting any oil on the chain. No spray off the chain. I mounted the bar without the chain and could see oil oozing into the chain groove on top at high rev, but when I pulled the bar cover off after the test I could see far more oil had leaked down behind the oil pump cover. I'm wondering if the rubber bushings around the pump shaft have deformed or something. I checked the breather tube and the rubber pickup tube, and both are clear. The breather tube lets air through both ways, although it looks like there might be a ball check valve in it. Maybe it's losing pressure?

I can't make heads or tails of the numbering system on the Husky bar, so I can't figure out which exact model bar it is. It says: RSN A 20/50 050/1 3 3/8 72DL 92550 FZ. I'm not sure if this is the right bar, could that be the issue?

My saw is a Husqvarna 55 967 05 29-00. I think this means it was made in 2005.

Saw pics here

There appears to be some slight heat damage to the white plastic pump housing around the main shaft, but I don't know if that is actually affecting anything. It looks to be in a non-important area. The pump's worm gear is in good condition, and it seems to be working smoothly. The bar and mounting plates are clean and appear to seat tightly.

Should I replace the pump? If so, where can I get it? I'm not that interested in giving the local dealer more business after they missed this issue.

[QUOTE="

I can't make heads or tails of the numbering system on the Husky bar, so I can't figure out which exact model bar it is. It says: RSN A 20/50 050/1 3 3/8 72DL 92550 FZ. I'm not sure if this is the right bar, could that be the issue?

My saw is a Husqvarna 55 967 05 29-00. I think this means it was made in 2005.

Saw pics here

There appears to be some slight heat damage to the white plastic pump housing around the main shaft, but I don't know if that is actually affecting anything. It looks to be in a non-important area. The pump's worm gear is in good condition, and it seems to be working smoothly. The bar and mounting plates are clean and appear to seat tightly.

Should I replace the pump? If so, where can I get it? I'm not that interested in giving the local dealer more business after they missed this issue.[/QUOTE]

20" Bar (50cm), 050 Gauge for the drivers (1.3mm), 3/8 chain pitch (ie standard 3/8 not 3/8 LP(or picco)) and 72 drive links

If oil is coming out of the output hole at idle and the flow speeds up with increased revs it sounds like that side of things is fine.

You may need to check the oil pickup holes in the bar and clean the bar groove of any built up material as this can just soak up any oil coming in and not let it get to the chain. A quick blow backward with the air gun or a knife blade will do the jo, but make sure you can see through the oil pickup holes (on the side of the bar) into the bar channel.
If it isnt that, then the model of the bar may not be right for the saw, which means the oil pick up holes on the bar may not line up with the oil output hole on the saw.

You may need to check the oil pickup holes in the bar and clean the bar groove of any built up material as this can just soak up any oil coming in and not let it get to the chain. A quick blow backward with the air gun or a knife blade will do the jo, but make sure you can see through the oil pickup holes (on the side of the bar) into the bar channel.
If it isnt that, then the model of the bar may not be right for the saw, which means the oil pick up holes on the bar may not line up with the oil output hole on the saw.

Oil pickup holes are clean, I can see through them. Bar groove is clean and shiny, spent a while with a wire brush and mineral spirits making it super clean. I've tried both sides of the bar. I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively if this bar fits this saw, I can't find a clear answer online.

Oil pickup holes are clean, I can see through them. Bar groove is clean and shiny, spent a while with a wire brush and mineral spirits making it super clean. I've tried both sides of the bar. I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively if this bar fits this saw, I can't find a clear answer online.
The pump is pretty simple on these saws. If the pickup filter is clean and the breather tube clean' rubber pliable, pump sits in notches, gear in good shape. I can not check the bar but the husky bar that fits the 41,141 fits this saw but it will not oil. If you compare Oregon bar mounts you can measure it compared to yours. The mount for the 41,141 is longer.

The pump is pretty simple on these saws. If the pickup filter is clean and the breather tube clean' rubber pliable, pump sits in notches, gear in good shape. I can not check the bar but the husky bar that fits the 41,141 fits this saw but it will not oil. If you compare Oregon bar mounts you can measure it compared to yours. The mount for the 41,141 is longer.
As far as I can tell my saw does not have a pickup filter. The rubber bushing that fits the backside of the pump tube has a 1" dip tube molded into it that pulls directly from the tank. I pulled that fitting out and checked, it's clear and I can blow through it. I'm wondering if it just isn't sealing tightly to the pump tube and is leaking/losing pressure. I'll look into checking the Oregon bar mount dimensions.

After looking at replacement parts online it appears I'm missing the pickup tube filter. I'm considering replacing the rubber parts, which would include a new filter.

Does anyone know a cleaner way to drain the oil than just pouring it out the filler tube? I don't have a suction setup.

After looking at replacement parts online it appears I'm missing the pickup tube filter. I'm considering replacing the rubber parts, which would include a new filter.

Does anyone know a cleaner way to drain the oil than just pouring it out the filler tube? I don't have a suction setup.
You can pour it out the fill up. Oil wipes off or set it on the recoil side and pull out oil pump pickup parts it does not make much of a mess even if it is full of oil

Back