• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Misc. Stihl parts for junker 044 (10mm) parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal - I got a box-o-parts on the cheap that turned out to be a box-o-junk. It just so happens I love me some ****** saws, so I decided I want to build this into the ultimate Junkyard Dog / Frankensaw. What I have is the battered shell of a former 10mm 044. The "saw" is fairly complete, and most everything that could have a redneck repair has just that. No shortage of metal riveted straps and JB weld. So, I want to build this beast and keep it for stumping, loaning, and other unsavory tasks.

So, I am in need of parts to finish and I do not want the good stuff. No lipstick for this pig. I want the stuff that nobody else in their right mind would put on a saw, but will . . . technically . . . still get the job done. There are, however, a few exceptions where I do need new parts. To keep with the spirit of this clunker I would prefer not to pay for anything, but would rather trade the stuff I have laying around that is leftovers from various trades, jobs, etc. I would like to try to trade even for the new stuff if possible. This is sort of a game to see if I can truly trade for everything needed to complete this saw!

Below you'll see a list of what I need and what I have to trade. I'll leave it open-ended on the stuff I have and if there is anything you want or need just ask and I can provide details as to what exactly I have as well as photos and applicable detail. Again, I would prefer to trade, but I am willing to sell anything listed as well.

Without further jabbering, here is what I need for now:
  • crankshaft (for 10mm wrist pin)
  • orange plastic filter base - GOT IT!
  • old style air filter cover (twist lock not needed) - GOT IT!
  • brake handle
  • (2) plastic bumper strips for inside of clutch cover - POSSIBLE DEAL IN THE WORKS...
  • NEW set of piston rings, Caber - POSSIBLE DEAL IN THE WORKS...
  • NEW/OEM set of gaskets (1128 007 1050) - POSSIBLE DEAL IN THE WORKS...
  • NEW clutch springs (Qty. 3 - 0000 997 5815) - POSSIBLE DEAL IN THE WORKS...
Here is what I have to trade:
  • 046 brake handle, very nice
  • 066/660 aftermarket muffler assembly, barely used
  • MS290 handle/cover assembly w/ air filter cover, very nice
  • 015L project/parts saw, pretty good condition
  • 036 Pro top shroud, decent
  • Misc. MS441 parts (see TP ad)
  • Misc. 1127 series Stihl parts
  • Misc. 031 parts, most very nice
  • 056 partial carcass & misc. parts (see photo)
  • 08/S10? partial carcass (see photo)
  • 084/088/880 bucking spike (see photo)
  • Damaged, but usable 075 clutch cover (see photo)
  • 075 wrap handle & AV mounts (see photo)
Thanks!

IMG_3846[1].JPG IMG_3847[1].JPG IMG_3848[1].JPG IMG_3849[1].JPG IMG_3850[1].JPG

I have a air filter cover, iirc its cracked but complete? I could use an air box cover for 56.

I have a air filter cover, iirc its cracked but complete? I could use an air box cover for 56.

I'm assuming that's what's visible in the top/left of the third photo?

I just realized I may have been incorrect/unlcear on the a/f cover I need. I should have stated, "Old style HD cover". Is that what you have, or is it the very early pre-HD cover?

I have an HD filter base and kinda crappy HD filter cover. It's the screw on type...

I don't need any parts, but you could send my share of parts to Redfin. If you even want this stuff...

image.jpg

That's very kind of you Clint. That certainly is a crappy HD cover - so it's perfect. I'll need to verify, but I think I would need the top filter base pictured as think the carb I have for the saw doesn't have the snorkel.

Well fellas, would a straight trade work for the 056 air box cover?

That's very kind of you Clint. That certainly is a crappy HD cover - so it's perfect. I'll need to verify, but I think I would need the top filter base pictured as think the carb I have for the saw doesn't have the snorkel.

Well fellas, would a straight trade work for the 056 air box cover?
I did clean it up a bit, so it's not that crappy any more, but it'll work. I can't remember which carb base I used on my saw, but I may have a carb with the snorkel you could swap the top covers if need be. I'll check it out for you tomorrow.

Whatever John wants to do is fine. I'm not using this stuff, so I'll go ahead and send it to you. PM me your shipping info.

Okay folks. I've sourced the plastics, I might have a deal in the works for the new small stuff, and I'm hoping to capitalize on a trade offer for a crankshaft.

That just leaves the brake handle. I figured this one would be low hanging fruit. I have several damaged brake handles sitting around, but not the right one. Anyone have one, or does everyone else just throw the crappy ones out???

New ones really are pretty cheap at under $30, but I don't want new . . . I'd like one that's melted or cracked, etc.

Back