Monster work saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also have you ever seen anything like this witness mark on intake skirt of pistons in a ported saw before? No clue what they could have done to cause that???
LMAO!

The real winning bit here is the uneven lower entries and simple lack of knowledge on what to do with them. All those sharp edges in the lower transfer entries not discounting the uneven transfer port divider work is just ****! The smooth gentle radius on all these shows the lack of knowledge or lack of caring. Either way it was just a quick thought to hit the surface areas so something appears to have been altered. In reality the actual person doing the grinding has no clue of how to improve wet or dry flow.

I would love to have this jug in hand to show others like J did on one of his YouTube videos. It's hard to hide your crap work when others clearly point it out as trash. It was just a shame J would not out the builder by name on a global scale because people will continue to get ripped off when one who knows better refuses to out them in public.

If I made an unfair statement please feel free to let your gun powder eating dog loose on me.

I'd bet real money on the exhaust floor being flat and that in itself will beat up the upper ring lands and dislodge the rings causing ring flutter in a now loose ring land. That combined with a sharp ring edge is a recipe for disaster. Wondering how many more winning edges were added to this disgrace of a port job?

Amateurs building up small engines with a simple file and sand paper tend to turn out better work than this given a steady hand was used that day while hacking about.

I commented about the saws I've run, that monster saws have built. I stand by what I said, all the saws I've run from them are great saws. The pair 400c that I mentioned run every day and have never been a problem. We have a pair of 576's that are good runners and the oldest saws built by monster, never had a problem. Since I commented last my boss has added a 395 built by monster, as a die hard stihl guy it hurts to say this, it's the strongest running saw I've ever run. Doesn't matter if it has a 28" bar or a 41", it just eats wood. But like I said, I'm only speaking on the saws I've personally run built by them. I've never bought a saw or even stepped in their shop, so I don't feel like I'm bias in any way.

Back