More oil please (MS362)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The short answer is yes. My apologies if I pushed it "off the rails". The discourse in the video explains the differences in the control bolts.
It was not just you, I helped take it off the rails [emoji16]

I ordered the bolt and piston to just be done with it

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

No way would I push oil to the point of possibly running out of oil before fuel. For any bar that a 362 will effectively turn (up to 25"), the factory oiler, turned all the way up, should be more than adequate. If you use ⅞ of a tank of oil for each ¾ tank of fuel - you will sooner-or-later run oil out before fuel.... bad.

No way would I push oil to the point of possibly running out of oil before fuel. For any bar that a 362 will effectively turn (up to 25"), the factory oiler, turned all the way up, should be more than adequate. If you use ⅞ of a tank of oil for each ¾ tank of fuel - you will sooner-or-later run oil out before fuel.... bad.
This may be true.. but running without out enough oil. Also bad.

The upgraded oiler works perfectly. Exactly like I hoped. In normal live wood I can adjust my oiler to just run out of gas with some oil left in the tank.. in dry wood I can crank it up and just keep checking the oil.
I dont make a living with this saw. Stopping to check oil, or refuel less gas more frequently is fine with me. My bars/chains will last longer as well.

I know with the 361 the stock oiler will not oil a 25" bar very well. For this reason I added the HD oiler to mine.
Not sure if the 362 is the same, but suspect it is.

I know with the 361 the stock oiler will not oil a 25" bar very well. For this reason I added the HD oiler to mine.
Not sure if the 362 is the same, but suspect it is.
I run a 25" on my 362c. Bar gets plenty of oil by any measure or observation I have made in actual use. It ran a bunch of hours a couple weeks ago doing Hurricane Ida recovery work. I have the stock oiler turned all the way up - and saw was run hard all week. 1 tank of fuel = almost 90% of bar oil used. What has blown my mind - I don't have any discoloration or pain loss on my bar after a total of 40 hours on that bar. Chain is in great shape (other than I have sharpened it a few times!).

I run a 25" on my 362c. Bar gets plenty of oil by any measure or observation I have made in actual use. It ran a bunch of hours a couple weeks ago doing Hurricane Ida recovery work. I have the stock oiler turned all the way up - and saw was run hard all week. 1 tank of fuel = almost 90% of bar oil used. What has blown my mind - I don't have any discoloration or pain loss on my bar after a total of 40 hours on that bar. Chain is in great shape (other than I have sharpened it a few times!).
if you are using 90% of an oil tank per tank of fuel, your 362 is oiler a lot more than mine ever did at wide open. best I was able to get was maybe 60% using echo bar and chain oil
Now I can adjust as I see fit. HO oiler was the way to go.

if you are using 90% of an oil tank per tank of fuel, your 362 is oiler a lot more than mine ever did at wide open. best I was able to get was maybe 60% using echo bar and chain oil
Now I can adjust as I see fit. HO oiler was the way to go.
When I installed the 25" bar, I also had read about depressing the little tab to turn the oiler up more, so I did that. I have my 261c set up the same way (though only running an 18" bar on it) - I use 90%+ of oil tank to a full fuel tank.

Which tab is this?
The roll pin that acts as a stop for the control bolt. People that have done this say it does not help much.
I bought a oiler from a 440, but that still would not empty my oil tank.. The HO bolt and piston will allow you to adjust it however you want.

Back