Most expensive wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a guy that comes by a few times a year and has been for many years, and he only buys my premium heart wood and he stopped by yesterday. He usually drives a Land Rover but this time he was driving a Aston Martin DBX crossover. I said where is the land cruiser? He replied, the ex wife got that in the divorce.
He said he forgot his tarp and i knew by the name it was a high dollar car/suv so I let him borrow one of my new 10 dollar tarps. We talked about the car a bit and then started loading bags of firewood in the back with the back seat down. I was surprised that we got 14 bags into that thing. I just looked one up on utub just to see what those things go for. They start at 205K. Now I don't care what people spend there money on, after all it's there money and who am I to judge. He wasn't able to get all he wanted in there so he is coming back next week to get some more and return my tarp. I think I think I'm just have just going to ask him to take me for a little spin around the block next week when he comes back. Twin turbo 542HP with 516lb of torque in an all wheel drive. I bet that thing scoots pretty good. I think this guy has the most expensive wood hauler I have seen come through here to date.

2021-aston-martin-dbx-107-1615840062.jpg

205k! Wow I got a hellcat challenger and I’m not putting wood in that and we’re not even in the same universe value wise!
I use poly bags that are clean and they are clean like bags of feed so the donn't dirty up up your car like loose wood does, But given the value of the suv I loand him a clean tarp just to make sure not to not to damage anything. The guy spent 350 bucks so I can throw in a 10 dollar tarp to make sure not to damage that leather interior. It's the little things that make customers happy. Good customer service goes a long way in letting them know I care about doing a good job. Taking the extra steps to please your clients needs does pay off. It lets them know you value there patronage that keeps them coming back.

Ya, Its a nice one.
Saw the car and driver review on it and it starts around the $179,900 mark. But it only placed #18 in overall standing for it's class.
The Genesis($50,000), BMW X5($60,000), Porche Cayenne(69,000), Volvo XC90(51,000) and Audi RS Q8($117,000) placed in the top 5.
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I haul my firewood with.
It starts at $46,000 with 300HP in the V6 engine.
I'd say a pretty nice ride.
2020GCAltitude.jpg

I use poly bags that are clean and they are clean like bags of feed so the donn't dirty up up your car like loose wood does, But given the value of the suv I loand him a clean tarp just to make sure not to not to damage anything. The guy spent 350 bucks so I can throw in a 10 dollar tarp to make sure not to damage that leather interior. It's the little things that make customers happy. Good customer service goes a long way in letting them know I care about doing a good job. Taking the extra steps to please your clients needs does pay off. It lets them know you value there patronage that keeps them coming back.
It’s funny how much money people will spend on bagged wood. I see it at supermarkets and am blown away that people will spend that much. How much would you get for a cord of wood if you bagged it vs a pile?

The most expensive wood hauler that I have every loaded wood in to was a custom built from new bus conversion motor home that this guy spent north of a half a million on and that was twenty years ago. Guy used to call a couple times of the year and swing by the farm and get some wood to head to the mountains to go camping for a couple months. It was a nice ride with a matching Jeep behind it.

It’s funny how much money people will spend on bagged wood. I see it at supermarkets and am blown away that people will spend that much. How much would you get for a cord of wood if you bagged it vs a pile?
Bagged wood is convenient for many reasons. It cost more because of the cost of the bags and the labor involved. Some just cook or have a fire every now and then or just a one time cook they don't have a place to keep or store it. It's handy and can be hauled is a car trunk and doesn't make a mess. I get a lot of woman picking it up for there husbands when they are out there supply runs. The bigger firewood splits wont fit the smaller fireboxes so the smaller splits work better. I sell more bagged wood then loose wood. I like to have what the costumes wants and It's one of my biggest sellers. Give the costumers what they want.

I judge my performance by the tips I get. Last year totaled up to two grand which made me smile. With out some sincere thanks and some tips I would have to reconsider what I am doing. I do not think the community will consider SB a millionaire but he is obviously doing what makes him smile and very well. Thanks

I just way upped my firewood game. Picked up a Wolfe ridge 28c today. Bit of an upgrade from my modified Ram splitter that I’ve been using for maybe 15 years. I should be able to sell some wood if I want to. I’d love to get into the bagged wood game.
I played with it maybe 10 mins then I had to put it away it was dark. I need to figure out a way to easily move it around my yard. I use a old truck box for a shed and I had to use the truck to back it up in there. I gotta make a new ramp at least. So I do t fall off the ramps.

It cost more because of the cost of the bags and the labor involved.
That and the distances it's often shipped. A small chain of grocery stores where I used to live in Ohio sold firewood shipped in from Estonia, in eastern Europe. This was in Amish country. 20+ sawmills within 15 miles of the stores, hardwood trees everywhere and they shipped wood from Europe.🤪

I just way upped my firewood game. Picked up a Wolfe ridge 28c today. Bit of an upgrade from my modified Ram splitter that I’ve been using for maybe 15 years. I should be able to sell some wood if I want to. I’d love to get into the bagged wood game.
I played with it maybe 10 mins then I had to put it away it was dark. I need to figure out a way to easily move it around my yard. I use a old truck box for a shed and I had to use the truck to back it up in there. I gotta make a new ramp at least. So I do t fall off the ramps.
Bundled wood here is a big deal. When it is colder every retail outlet moves at least a hundred a day which is about 10,000 a day combined. For me to make it happen it would take much more of my time and at least one good dedicated employee. I can not keep up with the business that I already have but am trying. Thanks

I used to caretake at the estate/farm owned by the the owner/CEO of Aston Martin. He had a garage full of them but they never hauled wood. One was just like the first James Bond car. The newest one (1970s) had a big aluminum V8 with 4 webbers on it.

He was loaded with $$$. Came down on Fridays to pay us with a handfull of Ben Franklins.

At least it isn’t a dodge! Also that guy probably doesn’t care what anyone thinks.

Iv had all 3 and the RAM is by far the best one. I still like ford and chevy. But i think RAM now makes a better truck, 1/2 ton and HD’s

Just my experience.

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻

Iv had all 3 and the RAM is by far the best one. I still like ford and chevy. But i think RAM now makes a better truck, 1/2 ton and HD’s

Just my experience.

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻
My experience is the complete opposite. After 3 mopars I’ll never own another one. I left my last heep at the yota dealership, One of the best things I’ve ever done. I’ll likely never buy another American vehicle, The only exception would be if I want another 3/4 or 1 ton.

Latest posts

Back