Moved from Stihl to Echo 7310, so far, so good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the HP gain determined from the dyno, (rated HP*measured torque)/(stock torque)? I don't know a ton about porting, but isn't 70% gain in HP quite a lot for a port?

The problem around here is the dealers. Sure they’ll sell you one, but none have a mechanic on site. Only saw mechanics are Stihl and Husky.

My Echo CS-670 still runs very well and I am glad I still own it. Always starts and always runs:
1708816259292.jpegI include the second Pic to let you know that it is easy to adapt a Stihl bar to operate it. I made that adaptor in my shop with a hickory strip and have made others using plexiglass.

I saw in the first post the comment about the echo chain……
While at home depot the other day I checked out the echo boxed chain for sale, and it has Oregon stamped on the chain ,
Just thought that was interesting.

I saw in the first post the comment about the echo chain……
While at home depot the other day I checked out the echo boxed chain for sale, and it has Oregon stamped on the chain ,
Just thought that was interesting.
I've always had good luck with Oregon and I'm a bit of a fan boy 😆. I took off my echo bars which are Oregon I believe and installed Oregon branded bars 😂IMG_20240224_133604012_HDR.jpg

My Echo CS-670 still runs very well and I am glad I still own it. Always starts and always runs:
View attachment 1156498I include the second Pic to let you know that it is easy to adapt a Stihl bar to operate it. I made that adaptor in my shop with a hickory strip and have made others using plexiglass.
I bought an adapter for my CS 590 to run a 20 in stihl bar and it’s been great. Proper 72dl bar instead of the 70dl it came with.

For the 7310 to fit a 84dl Stihl bar with an adapter it needs to have the adjuster hole drilled out to fit it. The stihl bar test fit a ok on my Husky 372 with the adapter but the 7310 needs more space, they have different bar adjusters apparently. Maybe taking a drive link or two out would help but I figured y’all might want to know.

Just got a 7310 and it's everything I expected, only on tank #4 but it's coming to life and just rips with 24" X-cut chain. This is the keeper 70cc saw for the long term.
A couple years in and mines going strong. It’s got really good torque for a 70cc saw, reminds me of my old stihl 660 power wise but it’s a couple lbs lighter.

Back