Moved from Stihl to Echo 7310, so far, so good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

blades

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes on the parts no longer available on dolmar/ makita gas saws. I was/ am a dolmar die hard, but looking for replacements- so maybe Echo or Husky- I do not like parts cost from Stilh. been down that road with oem parts on my machine tools.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been getting away from Stihl ever since my BIL retired as a Territory Rep. While it was nice to get things at a large discount, I always needed more and backups- way too finicky across all lines- trimmers, blowers and saws. And I was no longer in business.

I had always used ECHO when in business, before he joined Stihl, and was buying multiples of each every year for tax purposes.

Any of my ECHO equipment could be rode hard and put away wet, and it would ALWAYS start on the second pull. I have a Stihl MS 440 Magnum I'd gladly trade for a Echo if the same HP. I just dont want to mess around with it when I use it maybe twice a year to buck up big Hickory and Oak in the wintertime, when I colllect blowdowns at my ranch and split firewood.

I carry my Echo 340 TH in a case fueled and oiled everywhere I go in my Yukon XL, just for the day I get a tree down in my 1000' driveway at my ranch, and its been my go to for flaggin out Disc Golf course flyways when I am building a new course, beofe I bring in my skid steer and bushog.

I dont know how Echo does it, but the ability to start right up with whatever fuel is in it after 1.5 years, dirty and greasy, is a plus for me, and thats 35 or 40 years of consistent reliablity I have experienced.

Latest posts