Mower acting up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonrkba

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was sick last week and my sweet wife decided to mow the dogs area. When she was done she shut it off by putting the choke on and turning the key the wrong way. Now it is running terrible. Skipping, low rpm and smoking. I have good spark but i replaced the plugs coils and cdi box just bec I had them on hand. It has a new fuel filter and i checked the pickup. Im at a loss. Its a John deere F725 FD590V.

I was sick last week and my sweet wife decided to mow the dogs area. When she was done she shut it off by putting the choke on and turning the key the wrong way. Now it is running terrible. Skipping, low rpm and smoking. I have good spark but i replaced the plugs coils and cdi box just bec I had them on hand. It has a new fuel filter and i checked the pickup. Im at a loss. Its a John deere F725 FD590V.
Choke stuck on? Flooded?

Using the choke to turn it off is not gonna hurt a darn thing. Obviously turn the key the wrong way will mess up the fly wheel or the starter potentially but should should not affect how it runs

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

The choke was definitely stuck and took some effort to get it loose. I scrubbed all the linkage with a toothbrush and carb cleaner. Went ahead and put the tach on it and dialed in the rpms according to what the service manual says. Also changed the oil. I cut five acres today and it did great. Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back