MS 194 ce carburetor adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagneral

Reaction score
Hey gang!

I have a new (2 month old) ms194ce and I've adjusted myself into a hole post muffler mod. The saw has about five tanks through it, and has always had trouble starting. It's only seen motomix for fuel. The saw starts to take on the second or third pull, but when I turn both chokes off I can't get it to start at all. If I leave the throttle choke on, I can get it to start right away but then it dies as soon as I let off the throttle. I've done a bunch of reading and keep hearing that it's bad fuel, a dirty / clogged fuel filter, carbon build up on the plug, etc.

The issues did not change at all after the muffler mod. I have a hard time believing that it's a clogged fuel line or a spark plug problem since the saw is so new and has only seen high end premix.

Any adjustment guidance is greatly appreciated!

What about warranty?
This sounds beyond just adjustment. If it was in my shop I would start by holding it by the starter handle to check compression. If it stays up good. Next, dump the fuel into a glass jar to check for water. I don't care what fuel you are using. Pressure test the fuel line for leaks. Use a spark tester to check for a consistent blue spark. Take off the carburetor and check screen and diaphragms. Use a flashlight to check visible rubber parts for cracks. Pull muffler and check for piston scoring. Vacuum and pressure test.

About now you are saying "But it is only 2 months old!". Would not be the first one to have any of these issues.
If I had to fire a parts canon, it would be a carburetor. Diagnosis is cheaper.

Latest posts

Back