ms 210 ez start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny580

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ignition module on my 210 died so like a dummy I order one off the internet AND it dont fit! go figure!
After and accidental stumble upon one ad,--it says their module does NOT fit ez start saws! WAAAAA??? -- guess the 210, 250, etc. with ez ztart crap on them use all different parts from ground up! Anybody else run into that? Or am I just a slow learner?

Would not have expected that. All EZ-start saws I have worked on just have different parts in the starter assembly.
I think that they also have a different flywheel which may require a different coil. May have more retard for less stress on the starter.

Ya, Flywheel is also different! NOT givin over a hundred for one from stihl,---i'll junk the saw first! I loved to cut with it for the short time it ran. Nice little saw.

Ignition module on my 210 died so like a dummy I order one off the internet AND it dont fit! go figure!
After and accidental stumble upon one ad,--it says their module does NOT fit ez start saws! WAAAAA??? -- guess the 210, 250, etc. with ez ztart crap on them use all different parts from ground up! Anybody else run into that? Or am I just a slow learner?
Yeah, they're a bit different than the conventional 210. Some things fit and some don't. I've changed a few Easy Start saws over to regular starters but not sure if the 210-250 was one of them.

Would not have expected that. All EZ-start saws I have worked on just have different parts in the starter assembly.
Some require a different flywheel. I don't know which one offhand but I understand that some have a different engine cradle when equipped with easy start. Most of the ones I've worked on are the 170 and 180 saws.

This must be different from ground up! I did find a chimineese knockoff module and the pix. of it look exactly like mine and it does state that its for ez start 210, 250 etc. so I got one on order from chimna. I will see how that goes.
The one for regular 210 aint even close to fitting, but would fit one of my 250's or the 025 so I put it in the parts storage box for later use.

This must be different from ground up! I did find a chimineese knockoff module and the pix. of it look exactly like mine and it does state that its for ez start 210, 250 etc. so I got one on order from chimna. I will see how that goes.
The one for regular 210 aint even close to fitting, but would fit one of my 250's or the 025 so I put it in the parts storage box for later use.
You probably need to get an illustrated parts list for the model you have and compare the easy start to the conventional one. Order the parts you need by part number and ebay will find the part you ordered. I guess sometimes it is easier to just trade your saw for the one you want. I usually prefer to wallow around in the grease until the project is complete..

TRYING to get replacement module to get saw running again so I can use it!
NOT converting to anything else and NO I do NOT like the ez-srart crap! Its stupid and much harder to start than the regular saws!
WHAT was stihl thinking to conjer up some stupid idea for this crap to begin with! end of rant! lol!

TRYING to get replacement module to get saw running again so I can use it!
NOT converting to anything else and NO I do NOT like the ez-srart crap! Its stupid and much harder to start than the regular saws!
WHAT was stihl thinking to conjer up some stupid idea for this crap to begin with! end of rant! lol!
It makes up for too high a compression combined with a too small recoil rope pulley.

Some of them seem to work very well and have a reasonable life time as long as you use them properly and don't try to drop start and some are just badly designed, don't work right when new and break easily. The worst one I've seen is on the Poulan PP5020. I have converted many to a regular starter just by disabling the EZ-start spring, if you can post a pic of your system, might have a suggestion.

The ONLY way I can start ANY saw is what you guys call drop start! IF I set them on the ground, NONE of them will ever start for me.
I can take pix. of the pieces of the 210,--its apart waiting for the slow boat from chimna to bring me the right module. S'posed to be here next week sometime.

The bad thing about easy start saws is that the owner doesn't learn how to use it when new and the next owner usually doesn't get the owner's manual. Drop starting is far from the preferred method to start these and it usually results in breaking something..

FINALLY the boat from chimna came in and I got the module and put it in. SUPER tight fit but so was the old one. --- kinda like putting 5 pounds of sugar in a 4 pound sack! Anyway got it in and NO spark! -- Well come to find out the cheeeeep plastic stihl uses in the cases flexes too much to set air gap on these! After a couple hours of messin and guessin I got spark again for now. The case was NOT made for this setup at all and they just jammed a bunch of parts in there and called it good to sell!! --- Still pizzed about this and would have NEVER bid on the saw IF I would have known what it was beforehand!! NEVER AGAIN!!! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back