MS 211 vs 135 Mk II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedrus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi!
My name is Damir. I`m from Zagreb, Croatia.
Best regards to all :hi:

I plan to buy a saw that I will use once or twice a year in the yard. I would cut a few branches up to 25 cm (10") and saw some firewood (cord or two / 100-200 cubic feet / 3 to 6 m3) .

I am looking at Stihl MS 211 and Husqvarna 135 Mk II.

Stihl MS 211:
35 ccm; 1.7 kW at 10,000 rpm
4.3 kg

Husqvarna 135 Mk2:
38 ccm; 1.6 kW at 9000 rpm
4.7 kg

On paper they look almost the same.
Chain is the same, Stihl is slightly lighter and slightly less vibrating, Husqvarna is 110 € / 120 $ cheaper

Can any one assist in the selection, please?

I saw jltrent answer me but now I don't see that answer.
Anyway, Thanks jltrent :cheers:

I would say the quality is near the same on both. I would consider them entry level homeowner saws. If those are your only choices, I would handle both and get the one that feels better to you. If echo is an option, the 352 is a good little 35cc saw.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I am the only person (to my knowledge) on this forum that has a 130 (besides spike60 who is a dealer) which is mostly the same saw as the 135 mk2. It’s a well built little saw. I’ve probably run 12-15 tanks through mine since November and have no complaints.

On the flip side the 211 will be a little more powerful but also then you are limiting yourself to Stihl bars and they always use a DL count that’s not standard in hopes that you’ll buy replacement chains from their dealer. And the saw costs about $85 more than the 135 at least in the US.

Depending on the pricing I’d most likely go with the Husqvarna

You can read a lot more about my 130 here.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-130-first-look.336558/

I am the only person (to my knowledge) on this forum that has a 130 (besides spike60 who is a dealer) which is mostly the same saw as the 135 mk2. It’s a well built little saw. I’ve probably run 12-15 tanks through mine since November and have no complaints.

On the flip side the 211 will be a little more powerful but also then you are limiting yourself to Stihl bars and they always use a DL count that’s not standard in hopes that you’ll buy replacement chains from their dealer. And the saw costs about $85 more than the 135 at least in the US.

Depending on the pricing I’d most likely go with the Husqvarna

You can read a lot more about my 130 here.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-130-first-look.336558/
Good sensible advice here.

Thanks ammoaddict!
Thanks svk!
Echo is not an option due to the service network.
Stihl parts are slightly cheaper in Croatia than Husqvarna parts, so original parts are not a problem. Although, I will use it very rarely so it will be more in service due to non-use than due to wear and tear.
In Croatia, 135 Mk2 is $120 cheaper than MS 211, so it's quite a weight on its side.
Thanks for the link svk!

Thanks ammoaddict!
Thanks svk!
Echo is not an option due to the service network.
Stihl parts are slightly cheaper in Croatia than Husqvarna parts, so original parts are not a problem. Although, I will use it very rarely so it will be more in service due to non-use than due to wear and tear.
In Croatia, 135 Mk2 is $120 cheaper than MS 211, so it's quite a weight on its side.
Thanks for the link svk!
120 clams (dollars) is a big difference. You can buy a lot of saw accessories with those savings!

Thank you!
That’s exactly how I think, but I still check the experiences of others.
Which sharpening tool to buy?

I think you’ll like the 135. Husqvarna really took a step in the right direction for small saws with this family. The older 120/240 family was a failure.

Thanks!
Yes, that one is for.325. I put it just for example.
Btw, I just got the information that with 135 Mk2 there are some childhood diseases so I`m waiting for details.

I`m waiting for details.
A friend of a member of one forum allegedly works in a chainsaw service and told him to skip 135 Mk2 due to some problems. I asked him to ask a friend what the problems were.
I've already read somewhere that they can be badly tuned, so maybe that's it.

I wouldn't pay that any attention. There is always some people that find fault in things no matter how good they are. For example read amazon reviews on a product you have that you know is good. There will be negative reviews. Go for the 135 if that's what you want.

I held chainsaws in my hand. Listed and some more.
I was surprised.
The one I wrote off in terms of performances lies best in my hands ... MS 180.
I didn't turn it on, so I don't know how it vibrates, but for turning and moving in my hands, the MS180 is the best, and it also gives the strongest impression.
The MS 211 is a little too wobbly and the plastic on the edges is quite thin so a lot of the parts bend easily.
The 135 (Mk2) is a bit clumsy compared to the MS 180. The word/description isn’t exactly the best, but it’s hard to describe.
What now?
Are 135 Mk2 and MS 211 better enough to ignore the feeling in the hand.
I believe I will get used to the 135 Mk2 as well, but the MS180 left the best impression.

Latest posts

Back