Ms 230 reassembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Kidneycutter
Reaction score
Got this saw which is not running well ans idling erraticly. Anyway I’ve changed the carb, fuel line etc. Just stripped it down to replace oil seals and have a good look at the piston and cylinder - which is fine. wuestion is should I put a bit of gasket seal around the oil seal housing as well as the cylinder base?

Got this saw which is not running well ans idling erraticly. Anyway I’ve changed the carb, fuel line etc. Just stripped it down to replace oil seals and have a good look at the piston and cylinder - which is fine. wuestion is should I put a bit of gasket seal around the oil seal housing as well as the cylinder base?
These are notorious to leak around the clam shell joint but it sounds like you will be fixing that along with the seals... or are you just putting in new seals?

These are notorious to leak around the clam shell joint but it sounds like you will be fixing that along with the seals... or are you just putting in new seals?
I took the whole thing apart and re-sealed the cylinder. Not sure where the leak was but it seems to running fine now. i need to make a pressure /vacuum tester next time though just to make sure everything is sealed properly.

Back