MS 250 can't pull

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my ms250 can be hard to start. My ms362 starts better than the 250 without using the decomp. My 250 always pops on the 2nd try unless it's been sitting for few months then it's 3. Then I always have to pull 4 more times on high idle before it starts. At Santa Jim have you figured out what is/was wrong with your 250. I agree it sounds like a recoil issue but maybe the carb is flooding when you pull the cord mix that with a weak spark and trouble. Do you think the other person could have abused it and maybe it has a bent crank or rod. I probably would start by replacing the carb or at least trying to readjust it. With the plug out can you see gas mist spraying out?

Always a difficult conversation when it involve MS250 (025) and seniors. It is in technique and ability to pull quickly.
Pull up to compression first , then pull quickly. I can lock one up myself if I forget.
One other suggestion. A model with easy start. It is the go to for those with starter arm issues.
The battery saw sales are increasing fast. Great for the home owner. Not quite ready for pros in our area.

my 023 stihl is harder to pull than my makita 6401's, or solo 662, tried to fix ,haven't found one.
Same here for several saws that I own. It might be because the MS 250 does not weigh much and sometimes I try to drop start it when cold. That works when it's already warm. This saw has no decomp valve. I have an MS 251c starts fine with the starter assist sping, but it's also easy to flood.

My MS250C easy start is the only saw I can start anymore. Sure is a ***** getting old! The electric and battery ones are handy, but the 250 cuts SO much faster! Glad to know I'm not the only one with this old age problem.

After my first 250 got 300 hours on it, it starts a lot better. My second 250 is unreal---- have no idea of the hours it has,---bought it on auction dead,---ignition module dead. I put in one of the famous chimna knockoffs in it and the saw is one of the easiest starting saws I own, next to my fav. Echo 310's and Husky 235's!

Latest posts

Back