MS 291 leaking bar oil. But not from the usual place. Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it sits long enough over a few months it will drain the tank. Normally my saw doesn’t rest for a whole month but the back of my truck looks a jiffy lube pit.
If you know it's going to sit a while, drain the tank. They all leak, oil will get anywhere and yes it will find a way out. So drain it, takes seconds and problem solved.... dont waste bar oil!

If you know it's going to sit a while, drain the tank. They all leak, oil will get anywhere and yes it will find a way out. So drain it, takes seconds and problem solved.... dont waste bar oil!
I hear you. That’s what I’ve done all my life. I’m just seeing if I can resolve it once and for all. I can deal with the residual. It’s the ongoing leaking I don’t like. I also want it ready to go. But good point. I’ll try it. I’m not sure if the time to drain it is worth it.

Would a USC (Ultra sonic cleaner for the OPs' benefit) possibly rattle some impacted debris loose so it could be flushed out?
Trying to be helpful whilst getting prepared for when I get to address this issue.
Not to burst everyone's bubble but the debris inside the pump is relatively large wood fibers wihich US won't bother in the least. US is good at cleaning HARD surfaces where the US energy causes cavitation in the liquid on the surface of the item being cleaned.

Not to burst everyone's bubble but the debris inside the pump is relatively large wood fibers wihich US won't bother in the least. US is good at cleaning HARD surfaces where the US energy causes cavitation in the liquid on the surface of the item being cleaned.
NO Bubbles "Busted/Boisted/Burst" Just cleared some Murky water for me, Thankye kindly.

Latest posts

Back