MS 310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Tried to start my MS 310 in prep for selling it and it wouldn’t stay running. I’d prime it and it would start but wouldn’t continue. Fresh fuel, new filter, cleaned carb, checked impulse and fuel lines but no indication of leaks. Surely I’m missing something but what?

Tried to start my MS 310 in prep for selling it and it wouldn’t stay running. I’d prime it and it would start but wouldn’t continue. Fresh fuel, new filter, cleaned carb, checked impulse and fuel lines but no indication of leaks. Surely I’m missing something but what?
Had it run reliably for you until now? A cap full of Seafoam wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's a pain in the *ss, but remove carb and rear handle to check the impulse hose. They are bent in an S shape from carb to cylinder nipple and tend to crack then rip open causing lean condition.

That happened on a 290 I rebuilt this summer cuz it smoked the piston and rings. Plus, I checked my own personal 310 just for grins and yep.... impulse hose starting to rip open. Glad I caught it now before it wiped out the original piston and cylinder.

Attachments

• MS290 Impulse line.jpg
    MS290 Impulse line.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 8
Evening, so what was the culprit and what was the fix? Impulse line, SeaFoam, richen up carb screws; any of these do the magic? I'm finger pointing thr compression. Would like to know.

Back