MS 462 Felling spikes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you asked about Stihl I have this Stihl oem set on the 441 and 500i with no modifications nor issues with install.
Inner: 1144 660 0802
Outer: 1144 664 0504

Those 661 R dawgs are almost identical in size and shape to what comes on the 462 R model. They line up and work..but I think they have too much bite for a short stroke 70cc saw..personal opinion.

The cut outs in them get all the polishers excited.

Those 661 R dawgs are almost identical in size and shape to what comes on the 462 R model. They line up and work..but I think they have too much bite for a short stroke 70cc saw..personal opinion.

The cut outs in them get all the polishers excited.
They are no were near aggressive as those solid monsters being sold, plus everyone should polish and keep their equipment clean, serviced, inspected, and ready to go at all times. 👍

Which solid monsters?

They are literally almost identical in size and shape to what comes on the 462 R model.
I have seen Stihl saws in at my dealers that had spikes almost twice the size as the skeleton ones, I do not know if they were Stihl or not never looked, never checked Stihls site, just noticed how big and thought to myself wow why would you need those and how bad / ridiculous they looked on the saws. I want to also say the saws were not 088 or 880 either, just smaller pro saws like most of us have.
Just IMHO I like these spikes, they are a good size for a pro saw, and I have these skeleton spikes on my 400 20" bar which required a little modification to fit, 441 and 500i which bolted up with zero issues.

Back