• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS 880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM623

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an MS880 that I bought used last year (3-4 tanks through it at the time) with the intention of using it for milling. It’s one year later, and I have put 2 more tanks through it while cutting firewood just so it doesn’t sit (still no mill and too many other projects).

Putting feelers out to see if there is any interest. I know this can be annoying, but I just don’t know if there is a huge interest out there for a saw with a pretty niche market. If someone is seriously interested, I will let it go. Thanks guys.

I have an MS880 that I bought used last year (3-4 tanks through it at the time) with the intention of using it for milling. It’s one year later, and I have put 2 more tanks through it while cutting firewood just so it doesn’t sit (still no mill and too many other projects).

Putting feelers out to see if there is any interest. I know this can be annoying, but I just don’t know if there is a huge interest out there for a saw with a pretty niche market. If someone is seriously interested, I will let it go. Thanks guys.
I'm confused, do you or don't you want to sell it.
This is the trading post, where guys list things they want to sell and sometimes trade.
If you're selling it put a price and some pictures, then someone else will know if they are interested. Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

No intention in wasting time, and sorry if I left the impression that I am. I am hoping to sell, but was just looking for some basic feedback to see if there was anyone out there who would even be interested in an 880.

I’m new to this internet trading stuff too but my 2 cents is post some pics and what you’d hope to get if you sold. From what I’ve seen around here almost any saw will draw some interest but pics and a price will get you better idea of who if anyone wants to actually make a deal.

Thanks guys. Sorry to go about it backwards. I’ll get a few pics up in the next few days.

Good luck with selling the saw. Took me 2 years to sell my ms880. Yes a very niche market. I'll add that I sold mine for $1900, and it came with a 41" and a 24" B&C with 2 chains per bar, both square chisel skip tooth.
I'm new here and to chainsaws bigger than the smaller stuff; what makes stuff like this niche? I recently got a MS440 and have realized it's a bit undersized for what I'm trying to mill so I'm hoping to sell and roll the proceeds into something like a 660 or 880.

@JonM623 what price are you looking for? Do you have photos?

It’s no longer available. Sorry. However, I think you would be fine with either a 660 or an 880 for milling depending on size and quantity of logs. There is a TON of info on here about milling, so do some exploring and asking around. There aren’t a ton of people who need a saw as big as an 880, so that fact itself makes them a little less common. Also, if you’re on a budget, I would consider a rebuilt saw from a reputable seller, or even a kit saw from Farmertec (this will be met with many mixed feelings). If you go the Farmertec route, however, I would suggest a better quality piston and cylinder with caber rings, maybe even crank and seals. YouTube also has a ton of info on milling and various saws.

Back