• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn MS170 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend gave me an MS170 that is missing all fuel related parts from the cylinder to the outer cover. It has spark, compression feels very good, and P&C look like new. This looks like an older model with front chain adjuster. Anyone have a parts saw they want to sell? I rather buy the whole saw so I can see how this goes together but will go for the parts only if that's all I can get. Don't need the bar or chain.

Maybe this will help.... IPL of the air shroud and parts from cylinder back to Shroud.
To answer your question, it looks like a lot of the parts for a 017 are also used on the 170

Good luck with your project

Attachments

• MS170 Air filter shroud IPL.pdf
    120.7 KB · Views: 0
Question, how much alike are the ms170 and the 017?
Good question. 017 crank is different. Fuel line is different, dependant in year carb is different, which in turn makes the handle different. O17 didn't have the heat shield or clutch washer. No filter shroud on the 017 also the 170 had now been upgraded with even more parts. There's several differences they attest the"same saw" as many claim they are. Piston and cylinder the same but can't use the base pan from the 017 on a 170....

A friend gave me an MS170 that is missing all fuel related parts from the cylinder to the outer cover. It has spark, compression feels very good, and P&C look like new. This looks like an older model with front chain adjuster. Anyone have a parts saw they want to sell? I rather buy the whole saw so I can see how this goes together but will go for the parts only if that's all I can get. Don't need the bar or chain.
Did you find you a parts saw yet? I got TONS OF THESE most are even scrubbed and cleaned. Just not put together, but I KNOW my differences between the models. Shoot me a message or email [email protected] I'll hook you up. I need space bad lol

Thanks for all the info. Yes, I did finish it. Here's a link. https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/ms170-repair.364579/.
I was able to repair a broken support for the kill switch shaft. Everyone wanted $40 for the main body. I may replace it someday but it's working perfectly now. I did some cutting yesterday, runs like a top.

Latest posts

Back