MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a old thread but been looking for this saw (MS-241 c-m) for two weeks now. I may have found the last one in the USA. LOL. Found it near Tampa FL. The company has 17 stores and only 1 unit left in stock. Thankfully a relative lives near by and just picked it up for me. I feel like I just found a large gold nugget. LOL

This is a old thread but been looking for this saw (MS-241 c-m) for two weeks now. I may have found the last one in the USA. LOL. Found it near Tampa FL. The company has 17 stores and only 1 unit left in stock. Thankfully a relative lives near by and just picked it up for me. I feel like I just found a large gold nugget. LOL
Price?

I think you did! It sure is fun to run!

I'm shocked you located one in only two weeks of searching! I've been looking for one for my son forever, but I never see one come up anywhere. He's particular so it's got to be new. I told him he's probably going to end up with a 261, and that isn't a bad thing :)

I'm shocked you located one in only two weeks of searching! I've been looking for one for my son forever, but I never see one come up anywhere. He's particular so it's got to be new. I told him he's probably going to end up with a 261, and that isn't a bad thing :)
Tell him to buy the 261 and get a 20" bar, and to buy a picco conversion for it in 16". Then when he wants the weight of the 241 to only fill the tanks half way with the 16" picco setup, all will be well :).

Interesting thought, Brett! Then get it ported & race an unsuspecting 346!!
All good unless the 346 is ported too, and if he breaks out a ported 550 that 261 is gonna learn who's really the boss lol(I'm expecting @cuinrearview to insert a fat red saw comment here :laugh:).
I just figure if the saw is a bit heavy, only filling it half way will help in two ways; one it will lighten it up substantially, two it will give the operator a break from cutting much quicker :happy:.
Personally when I'm out cutting all day I want to run the smallest most efficient( not just fuel economy)saw that will get the job done, now when I'm just out playing around cutting cookies of firewood I don't care about those things as much as the gas can and the tools are available. On a job I don't see where the older saws have anything to offer, I want to get in and get out and the newer saws are the most proficient/efficient in accomplishing this, but the older ones are nice to have as backup incase of a problem, and it's just smart to have a couple saws in each class of saw and by each manufacture for the win:happybanana: .
Yeah, I'll confess to that!! LOL!!
And I'm sure we've both been called much worse, crazy is a complement in comparison :lol: .
Hope you're doing well neighbor. If you get up towards GR give me a call and swing by.

I love mine. And I may just have another new 241 in box in case the need arises to break it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may have been discontinued in the US at the end of 2018, but I just got a NIB Euro spec MS 241 together with a NIB MS 441 for 800 American...:p
:D
e16cf2bb0072388d929abca5af2d5c8a.jpg

DOM on the 241 is 11/2020
DOM on the 441 is 12/2018 -> one of the last ones, really

Back