MS250 leaking bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Chinese would not steal our intellectual properties and quit just copying ours and others engineering just to use their 80 cents an hour labor to produce the product (cheap and without the QC) then I would not have such a problem with it.
I agree, companies that make knock off copies of things (even faking the branding) suck and damage people and their livelihoods. Counterfeit and copyright infringement is theft. I don’t think any of the Chinese carb and chain folks have stolen anything. if making a half price brake cover for a 30 year old saw damages Stihl, they sure haven’t let on.

Some however find a niche for a certain category of goods and offer another option for consumers. America is hopelessly addicted to cheap products. $2 wastebaskets and $199 60” televisions. The companies that make this stuff are filling the demand. There is a chance that at least some of the tech in a television is pirated but honestly a TV is a TV on the lower end.

Some Chinese products are world class. It depends, as with every company, with what the desired end result is to be. $2 wastebaskets that crack in a year are just the cost of cheap. iPhones are the standard for the world and are held to tough expectations. The customer sets the quality and pricepoint and the manufacturer attempts to meet it.

I believe painting every company with the same brush is short sighted. Chinese manufacturing might has been a result of American demand for low prices. I’m not saying it is a good thing or bad, it just is where we find ourselves.

Edited to add* When I was a kid, lots of people wouldn’t buy Japanese cars and derided people who did. “Buy American” even though late 70s American cars were absolute garbage. Many of those Japanese car companies went into depressed American towns and built plants that provided the only good paying jobs after other companies left. Those folks love their Toyotas and Hondas now.

Well, that’s one of the great things about our Country….we all have the freedoms to speak our beliefs and I appreciate your position. The same does not hold true in China by the way.

I will continue to buy American produced goods at every opportunity over Chinese. To each their own. You do realize that the OP is a Chinese Company mining this site for information to use in their endeavors?

Well, that’s one of the great things about our Country….we all have the freedoms to speak our beliefs and I appreciate your position. The same does not hold true in China by the way.

I will continue to buy American produced goods at every opportunity over Chinese. To each their own. You do realize that the OP is a Chinese Company mining this site for information to use in their endeavors?
I also appreciate your love for the US.

I know who they are.

Latest posts

Back